Fitting Bonded Windows

Woodster

Hi Folks, Due to cost i'm thinking of fitting a couple of bonded windows, instead of Sietz, to my Renault Master. The problem is that i can't see how they can be bonded on the Renault. Not sure how to explain what i mean but, as far as i can see, when you cut the hole for the window you are not left a flat lip to bond to. Has anyone fitted bonded windows to a Master or Movano? I know it can be done because iv'e seen images on google. Or am i think about it wrong. Does the glass come shaped in order to bond to the angled lip you are left with, once you cut the hole?

abinley

Long story short, it will fit provided you buy the right window. I'm just about to install mine (same make and model). I had the same question as you until i saw the window when it arrived. It has a rubber trim the fits into the most recessed part, leaving the lip to fit more flush with the window and adhesive. At least that looks to be how it is going to go down.

rjn

Hi Folks, Due to cost i'm thinking of fitting a couple of bonded windows, instead of Sietz, to my Renault Master. The problem is that i can't see how they can be bonded on the Renault. Not sure how to explain what i mean but, as far as i can see, when you cut the hole for the window you are not left a flat lip to bond to. Has anyone fitted bonded windows to a Master or Movano? I know it can be done because iv'e seen images on google. Or am i think about it wrong. Does the glass come shaped in order to bond to the angled lip you are left with, once you cut the hole?

Hi
will this help??
Fitting Bonded Windows ( Ford Transit / VW / Mercedes & Many Others ) - YouTube

Woodster

Hi rin, thanks for taking the time to post a video. Unfortunately it doesn't really apply to a master or movano type panel van. Abinley has put my mind at rest, as to how they fit so it's all good.

Woodster

Hey Abinley, I don't suppose you have a link or name of the site for where you got your windows. Cheers

abinley

Product results for RENAULT VAN WINDOWS

they were great on packaging and speedy on delivery so can't fault them.

you'll need to get the single window fixing kit too, has all you need to install it. They do a double kit as well if you are buying two windows. you may also want to get some anti-rust paint for the edge of the cut out hole, though i'm not sure how important that is, otherwise i'm sure they would have included a little bottle of it in with the fixing kit.

i bought the privacy glass, which, too be honest, is still pretty see-through. You might want spend the £20 less on the clear window and buy some black out film to put over the window instead. cheaper and potentially better.

Woodster

Cheers mate, and thanks for the tip. I want them dark as possible so i might go for the clear and do as you say.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)