Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot X250 range

windyjools

I am looking at one of the X250 derivative range for my next conversion. On my budget, it will be 2007/2008 although mileage is not necessarily an issue. (My current van has 185000 and still drives well.)
I see lots of problems on forums on this range regarding the EGR valves, but is that because there are so many of this model that there are bound to be some problems, or are they genuinely a bad van? The pre-2007 model had a reputation for bullet-proof reliability (in general anyway).
The body dimensions of this range are ideal for me, but my present Iveco (2004) is a bit narrow but reliable and I don't want to compromise that for a few centimetres of width (!!!!!)
Anyone who has covered serious mileage in one of these, please let me know what your thoughts are.......would you recommend them, and would you buy another one?

ellisboy

Hello Windy! I've got an X250 Citroen 07 plate 47,000 miles.It's had an egr valve replaced,but these seem to be a common thing on modern vans.A friend of mine has a Renault traffic and he's on his 3rd egr. I'm very pleased with mine,it's good on fuel and comfortable.I'm doing my own build at the moment,check out my blog.
The vast majority of new motorhomes use this base vehicle,so they can't be that bad, :cheers:Stephen.

Neckender

On the early X250s some had problems with reversing up an incline giving exessive juddering and also water ingress over the engine as problems with the scuttle. Check reverse for juddering, and look under the bonnet for rusty injectors and fittings, on the later ones they fitted an engine cover. I know because I had a 2008 X250 for 3 years.

John.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)