Fantastic vent vs Fiamma vs ?

Bossangel

Friends, nobles and country men
Germany are out of the World Cup at the first stage in my life time ???

Now to serious business. I want a 12v roof vent with a fan. I keep changing my mind between the two aforementioned brands. Are there any others that you have in your self builds? The Fiamma looks cheaper than the fantastic vent but what does the better job. Absolute maximum I want to spend is about £300
I know it’s a lot of money but this is to invest in my home

Thanks

Byronic

Much of a muchness, except the Fiamma is, I think a £100 or so
cheaper, and has infinitely variable speed control whereas
the Fantastics have a choice of 3? Fiamma claim their Turbovent is
silent, probably only true when it stops! Quite quiet might be a more
accurate description!

If it was my choice to make, I'd go for the Fiamma, parts
available throughout EU.

Be quick if you go for the Fantastic, Trump will upset someone
with tariff shenanigans and the price will soon double.

I've recently replaced 3 old Fiamma roof vents one was a early
version Turbovent, very noisy. Fitted a standard vent with computer
fans.

Dartslf2000

Hmm, I’ve got a Fiamma turbo kit fan which I originally purchased to go in our old Hymer and am now using it in our self build, got to say it’s pretty poor as a fan, if I was buying again I would get the best I could afford and that would mean the fantastic fan/endless breeze type of deal.

wildebus

Forum Member
Friends, nobles and country men
Germany are out of the World Cup at the first stage in my life time ???

Now to serious business. I want a 12v roof vent with a fan. I keep changing my mind between the two aforementioned brands. Are there any others that you have in your self builds? The Fiamma looks cheaper than the fantastic vent but what does the better job. Absolute maximum I want to spend is about £300
I know it’s a lot of money but this is to invest in my home

Thanks
The Fantastic Vent (usually called the "Fantastic Fan") is very popular in the US. But the real fan of choice over there is the MaxxAir Fan.
Watched a lot of YouTube videos with builds and people doing the "RV Life" and while you see quite a few people with issues with their Fantastic Fans, I don't recall a single one showing a regreat in installing a MaxxAir Fan and that is what I suggest you go for rather then faffing around with inferior options.

I have the MaxxAir 7500K, which has 10 different speed settings, and at the lowest ones is virtually silent (my fan is above the bed and it is the only fan I have ever had where I don't have to turn it off at night due to noise); you can have it blowing in or out at any of those speeds; and the best feature of all is that it can be used totally automatically - set to the temp you want and the fan will run until that temp is achieved, slowing down as it gets closer and then shutting itself off (and starting again if temp increases over 3Degrees above target).
It can be used in the Rain without any problems and can be used and left open when driving.
The model I have comes with an IR remote control, which is not a gimmick but really handy.

It is probably the most expensive Roof Fan on the market, but - IMO - easily the best as well and as close to AC you will get without having AC.
And it is within (just!) your maximum budget :)

Get the European spec model and it is same cutout size as most Euro vents and the settings are all in Celsius rather than Farenheit.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)