DAFF LF45 self built motorhome

Florrry The Lorry

Forum Member
New to this forum so I'll say hi and introduce ourselves. We are Cat and Chris from Florry The Lorry. We built her 2 a d half years ago and have been living full time in her since. We like to spend most of our time in Europe but when in the UK we are based in Suffolk.

Can't seem to upload photos though. Just the one
inbound5300378387477431612.jpg

st3v3

Forum Member
Do you find the size limits the amount of Aires that you can park up In? Or do you tend to wild camp while on the continent. Phil

We've only done one 3 week trip, and didn't have a problem. If anything, the tight spot was on a campsite lol.

It's not actually as big as it looks. In the pub/supermarket it fits within the lines of 2 end to end bays.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I know a ready made body makes it easy, but until I'm put off I'm planning on making a new body. Being able to build below the chassis should free up some space. I'd like to find a short wheelbase and keep it under 7 metres long. Best start saving some pennies as I think a new chassis cab is about £40k

wildebus

Forum Member
I know a ready made body makes it easy, but until I'm put off I'm planning on making a new body. Being able to build below the chassis should free up some space. I'd like to find a short wheelbase and keep it under 7 metres long. Best start saving some pennies as I think a new chassis cab is about £40k
The "build your own Overland Camper" book is interesting and has some good info on 'pod' construction. it is a bit focused on articulation and that kind of thing for movement, but still some useful things in there even for a fully on-road camper.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
The "build your own Overland Camper" book is interesting and has some good info on 'pod' construction. it is a bit focused on articulation and that kind of thing for movement, but still some useful things in there even for a fully on-road camper.
I have a few along those lines David. All fantasy at the moment. Though I do have some ideas about the body construction.

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
I always wanted to do a 7.5t reefer as it had the insulation already fitted and lined out, I did some plans which I almost finished but the boss said where the F are we going to park it, job stopped at that point.

7.5%20t%20truck%20project%20drawing%20plan.jpg

There was a lad on Facts and Owners who did a couple of trailers, you might get some ideas from that, sadly he died a couple of years ago, but he did do a good thread on the project.

As it is a trailer some posts will be of no use, but he mentions sources for parts and methods of construction, so maybe it'll help someone.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I always wanted to do a 7.5t reefer as it had the insulation already fitted and lined out, I did some plans which I almost finished but the boss said where the F are we going to park it, job stopped at that point.

7.5%20t%20truck%20project%20drawing%20plan.jpg

There was a lad on Facts and Owners who did a couple of trailers, you might get some ideas from that, sadly he died a couple of years ago, but he did do a good thread on the project.

As it is a trailer some posts will be of no use, but he mentions sources for parts and methods of construction, so maybe it'll help someone.

Too big for my plans, I want to be sub 7 metres. The insulated body makes it dead simple to convert. It's just a small bed sit.
I'll build from scratch, to avoid compromising.

Nabsim

Forum Member
Saw you on the Drove as you pulled off a couple of weeks ago. Think you came with Ryan and Nelli after the big picnic meet 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)