'Chinese' Diesel Heater

mistericeman

Forum Member
Found this photograph today, just shows how important it is to isolate the exhaust from anything that is combustible.

View attachment 3306
I have always felt that the one you get with the heater was far too thin, I opted for an aftermarket flexible pipe that was thicker. After seeing this I am glad I did.

I've still got a melted coat and scar on my arm to attest to how hot they get....

Not seen one glowing red BUT deff hot enough to cause combustion....

The amount I've seen incorrectly fitted is frightening...
Installed by folks that cannot be bothered to read eberspachers instructions OR just plain ignorant of the dangers.

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
To give you some idea of how thin the exhaust is on a Chinese diesel heater, have a look at the three pictures below:

DSCN0037.JPG

Start. As you can see a gas lighter for lighting a stove.

DSCN0038.JPG

Warmed up quite quickly.

DSCN0039.JPG

Didn't take long. I certainly wouldn't be happy using one of these as an exhaust pipe.

Rae

mistericeman

Forum Member
To give you some idea of how thin the exhaust is on a Chinese diesel heater, have a look at the three pictures below:

View attachment 3309

Start. As you can see a gas lighter for lighting a stove.

View attachment 3310

Warmed up quite quickly.

View attachment 3311

Didn't take long. I certainly wouldn't be happy using one of these as an exhaust pipe.

Rae

Be fine as long as it's fitted properly and not in contact with anything...

Or just buy some eberspacher exhaust... For peace of mind.

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
Downpipe arrived today, quite happy with the workmanship, had to warm the end up so it would fit over the end of the silencer.

DSCN0106.JPG

Had to reheat it as I didn't have the bracket in the right place, warmed it up, one or two taps with a hammer, now it's just ready for fitting.

DSCN0108.JPG

Still not got the van back. Hopefully we will be seeing the mechanic tomorrow and we'll book it in for an early MOT next week.

Rae

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)