Changing classification

karakachan

When I get back to blighty,hopefully b4 xmas,rush rush,I will be setting about just adding a few more things needed to change the classification from hgv[7.5t] to motorcaravan.
When I send in the photos and fill in the ,think it's sect 7...I'm assuming I don't have to have a new test put on the truck as it was only tested in August,in hgv guise..
Why the last guy didn't change it I don't know as it only needs a fixed table,all the other criteria for changing is done from what the step son has told me.I also assume it might mean cheaper insurance,or maybe not

Cheers
Steve

ps...Phil[admin] sent you a pm a couple of days ago,did you get it.

Asterix

I'll need to do the same next year so I'll watch this thread with interest....

wildebus

Forum Member
When I get back to blighty,hopefully b4 xmas,rush rush,I will be setting about just adding a few more things needed to change the classification from hgv[7.5t] to motorcaravan.
When I send in the photos and fill in the ,think it's sect 7...I'm assuming I don't have to have a new test put on the truck as it was only tested in August,in hgv guise..
Why the last guy didn't change it I don't know as it only needs a fixed table,all the other criteria for changing is done from what the step son has told me.I also assume it might mean cheaper insurance,or maybe not

Cheers
Steve

ps...Phil[admin] sent you a pm a couple of days ago,did you get it.

No need for a new MOT.
I changed mine from a LGV Minibus to a Private HGV Van a couple of months ago and previously another vehicle from LGV Panel Van to Motor Caravan and no new tests for either.

trevskoda

Forum Member
Table can be fixed but removable,ie folding leg but must mount somewhere like a side wall,mind you if it looks as fixed in pictures i dont think they will take notice,the regs are a guide not fixed in law.

Soxandjeff

Converted mine from minibus to motor caravan.
I sent four photos to DVLA and it got refused on the cooking facilities so I phoned them. The chap I spoke to looked at the photos as I explained everything over the phone. He said he couldn`t see any problems so I sent the cheque off for £60 for the re classification and job done. Seems to me to be a case of `If Mummy doesn`t like your photos ask Grandma`

Deleted member 4404

I sent half a dozen pics showing all the 'must have' things and a letter about the changes we had made. Got the new classification a couple of weeks later.

trevskoda

Forum Member
No need for a new MOT.
I changed mine from a LGV Minibus to a Private HGV Van a couple of months ago and previously another vehicle from LGV Panel Van to Motor Caravan and no new tests for either.
How do you get ins for a van if you do not have biz paperwork to prove,cannot get it here or at least that was the case last time i tried.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)