changed my mind after first trip

tiderus

Lot of work you've got there. Think I would have built a step! :hammer:

Beemer

ok so did not like the hight of the bed so time to change started by stripping the rear of the van again

That is what I like about doing your own conversion...build it, dont like it? Change it! build it, dont like it? Change it! build it, dont like it? Change it!

Until you finally get your ideal set up, run out of ideas, space, or run out of money!
I am still considering to get rid of my coachbuilt (too big) and buy to convert. My only obstacle? Her indoors!
She loves the set up we have, but I didn't like the 7+m walk to turn the radio back on every 20mins. (one job I have sorted tho).:dance:

veedubmatt

i did want a coach built but have loved building my own to how i want and love showing people what i have done realy is somthing to be proud of
now iv done it once i would never buy a ready made MH

tiderus

i did have step but still did not like it and should not be to much work (i hope) as im going away in 8 weeks again lol

Last edited:

n brown

Forum Member
easy to overdo the storage under the bed,i just sorted one out that had 45cm from bed toceiling,built by someone with a lot of stuff to take!putting in caravan windows is a bit more of a challenge than seitz innit

veedubmatt

Caravan window are not to bad to do if you take your time doing them
Done 3 already only 1 more todo

n brown

Forum Member
i put them in mine,nice to know that 4 seitz would have cost a grand-almost saved enough to fill your tank!

veedubmatt

i payed £0 for the windows and a few other bits i picked up a scrap caravan for someone and removed them from that :)

n brown

Forum Member
same here,got asked to scrap the van,had a fridge full gas bottle,zig and a load of other stuff.bit of a shame to scrap it but i don't like the things anyway!

Firefox

I had about 1950 height to play with. Went for 900 under bed, 150 bed, 900 over bed. So basically split the space in half with a big shelf.

It's a fair compromise. You can sit up in bed nicely, crawl around in bed space easily. And you have a crawl sit up potential in the garage too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)