Calorifier Installation MB Sprinter

Sprinter Aviador

Forum Member
Hi there - new member here.

I am getting rather desperate trying to figure out the correct way to install a calorifier into my Sprinter engine coolant system. Specifically I am wondering whether anyone has done this on a sprinter and can advise me on what kind of coolant hose I need to buy (i.e. which ID hose? - I have seen 19mm or 22mm listed but this is v unclear). Secondly I am unsure whether it is OK to connect directly in series with the heater matrix (so just tap into the hose and back again) or whether I need to connect in parallel with valves etc. I am getting v confused. :oops:

If anyone can recommend a professional with experience doing this in the UK that would also be appreciated as we are on a bit of a tight schedule and trying to get things sorted by the end of this month.

many thanks x

Nabsim

Forum Member
Panks in Norwich did mine for a previous owner back in 2015. They did a lot of work at the same time, fitted calorifier, rear heat exchanger that's works off the REST switch on the dash, fitted Airtronic DT4,

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
If you search this site I have posted many times on the subject.
With these types of jobs I find it’s best to work backwards. Make a list of what you expect from it first, then it’s easier to find a solution.
There is more than one way to fit and use them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)