bonded glass

philgb

Looking to install a bonded window on the rear offside of a converted panel van (fiat ducato) never done this before, looking on youtube it looks quite an easy DIY job. Sooooo any tips or recommendations to a good supplier with reasonable price

Harmergeddon

It is very simple to do. Pick a nice day and follwo the instructions to the letter and it will be fine. I used vanposrt ltd but a quick look for their website and it seems they may no longer be in buisness.

mandrake

just an idea ,but a friend of mine has just fitted some in his transit van .he sourced his van side windows from a local breakers yard .he bought a tool for removing the windows from the scrap van and then bought some windscreen bonding adhesive to fit the windows to his van a good job and not expensive at all .looks like they were factory fitted on the van .

Mullsy

The bonded windows do look a far superior job.Make sure you touch in any bare metal

hextal

Just bear in mind that bonded windows will give more condensation issues than caravan type and cant be opened to allow cooling in summer.

On the plus I think the bonded type look better and I suspect they are more 'scrote-resistant', not to mention cheaper.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)