Bimblesolar

karakachan

Hi all

Have many on here bought the second hand Canadian panels from Bimblesolar?.Seems like an ex price for 260w....might go for 2...Was going to get a single 250w anyway for the system I will be installing,£150 for a new one I sourced with free delivery...
The 2 panels from Bimble would cost £37.50 delivery but that would still only make them £237.50 delivered compared to £300.
Normally I would buy new,just tempted,as the saving could go towards another battery.
So...which way did you go?

Deleted member 4404

I bought s/h from Bimble when I fitted out our bus and there are a few I know who have used them; mine works fine.

As mentioned the voltage is different from the commonly advertised new panels, but no problem unless you add another panel of different voltage.

n brown

Forum Member
my 230w was from bimble , i think it's 36v ,used a 20 amp tracer controller . very happy with it ,expensive but more efficient than cheaper ones

karakachan

Pmax: 260W
VOC: 37.5
VMP: 30.4
ISC: 9.12A
IMP: 8.56A
Efficiency: 16.16%
Dimensions: 1638 x 982 x 40 mm

These are the figures given on the panels...looking at some figures for a mppt controller,I would think a 40a s/c would be needed....please feel free to correct me as I'm a novice on solar
Cheers
Steve

Deleted member 4404

Ask the chap at Bimble if you're unsure about anything, I found him very helpful.

Admin1

Pmax: 260W
VOC: 37.5
VMP: 30.4
ISC: 9.12A
IMP: 8.56A
Efficiency: 16.16%
Dimensions: 1638 x 982 x 40 mm

These are the figures given on the panels...looking at some figures for a mppt controller,I would think a 40a s/c would be needed....please feel free to correct me as I'm a novice on solar
Cheers
Steve

You could use a 40a S/c as you would never get the full 100% output watts. I would buy a controller that will take 100-volt input as you can then wire the panels in series, this would reduce loss in your solar cabling.

I have a Victron 100/50 Blue solar, but you can get the Smartsolar version which has built-in Bluetooth and an excellent app.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)