Aqua2use Grey water filter

MOTOsapien

Forum Member
It's a long shot but I seem hell bent on some kind of grey water recycling system. I've googled the absolute life out of it and the subject is a tad threadbare to say the least...!!! I did find the 'Aqua2use' collection/filtration tanks however which I could use I guess as my truck is big enough. Anyone used one OR better still have created a system with some sort of success..?? Idea being to filter the grey water from shower/sinks to then re-use on flushing the toilet or if adequate cleansing by filter is achieved to re-use again as hot water...
Screenshot (17).png

Nabsim

Forum Member
If you can separate it out you can use the grey water to flush toilet as it is I think, sure I have read where some RV's do just that. They also use it for flushing the black tank.
Interesting project so keep us updated on what you find. I would think this is a harder task than recycling the grey from a house as we are usually more sparing in vans so the grey is greyer than a house.

wildebus

Forum Member
On a pre-built Motorhome it would be an awkward thing to modify, but on a Self-build, I would think it would be pretty easy to implement a system where you flush the toilet with Grey Water by having a pump in the grey tank that feeds the toilet.
The key question is ... Is it worth doing this? how much water is used in say a week flushing a cassette toilet compared to the amount of grey waste generated and fresh water carried? could end up being a very minor benefit and the hassle outdoes the pluses.
I think I watched a YouTube video recently on a review of a new US RV that had a full filtration system - where the grey was recycled not just for flushing but showering and possibly drinking? I'll see if I can find it.

I understand the better designed US RVs can divert the grey into the black to both facilitate a flush after emptying the black, and to prolong the length of time needed before empting the tanks. Makes good sense for those reasons, but as a way to recycle? again, depends on how much water is used to flush

Nabsim

Forum Member
I was thinking cost to get van grey to drinkable may well be eye watering. I keep looking at something for stream water and that's bad enough lol, bet grey will need much more frequent filter changes with soap but who knows.
With a bit of luck this thread will bring some inexpensive options :)

wildebus

Forum Member
I was thinking cost to get van grey to drinkable may well be eye watering. I keep looking at something for stream water and that's bad enough lol, bet grey will need much more frequent filter changes with soap but who knows.
No idea of prices, but the Berky filter seems to get a lot of 'airtime' on US RV Videos and seems to be one of those products which people love after they get it?
one example:

mistericeman

Forum Member
Let alone the costs for a water extraction licence....

Squiffy

Forum Member
An interesting subject but if global warming is anywhere near correct then there will be a glut of water in the next century as contrary to understanding before the world disintegrates into dust we will apparently be swamped out with water and folk will be building boats and not motorhomes 🤪. Phil

mistericeman

Forum Member
An interesting subject but if global warming is anywhere near correct then there will be a glut of water in the next century as contrary to understanding before the world disintegrates into dust we will apparently be swamped out with water and folk will be building boats and not motorhomes 🤪. Phil

bizzare-looking-cars.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)