another ambo

harrow

Forum Member
woman i know bought this old Transit ambo for £2500, and asked me what i thought of the interior, have to say, one of the few fitouts that seriously impressed me ! looking a little tired and not my choice of decor , but great layout and use of space, and great workmanship !
View attachment 56157View attachment 56158View attachment 56159View attachment 56160View attachment 56161View attachment 56162View attachment 56163

Yes, havent they gone up in price ?

The last ex London ambulance service sitting case I purchased from auction was £700 and some of the others with flat batteries were £200 and these were direct from LAS.

The only thing I found was it was automatic and very low geared.

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

n brown

Forum Member
for her money she also got a loo, underslung fresh and waste tanks, a 4m Fiamma awning, sound system, 120watt solar panel, lpg gas tank,eberspacher heating , 12 and 240v outlets all around, etc etc

izwozral

I paid £7k for mine which was too much but I did a lot of travelling in it so I got my money's worth out of it. I gave it to the dealership, where I bought my current MH, in exchange for them to add a tracker, alarm, solar panel, extra leisure battery, spare wheel, reversing camera and ladder. Fair exchange given that the ambulance started to leak like a sieve.

n brown

Forum Member
added poignancy was the prev owner's reason for selling was he had cancer and his wife was bedridden, so travelling days were over.on the wall above the bed is a map of Europe with all the places they'd visited marked with a small star-and blimey there were hundreds of them. my friend can't decide whether to take it down or leave it ...

izwozral

added poignancy was the prev owner's reason for selling was he had cancer and his wife was bedridden, so travelling days were over.on the wall above the bed is a map of Europe with all the places they'd visited marked with a small star-and blimey there were hundreds of them. my friend can't decide whether to take it down or leave it ...

Leave it and add to it, to carry on the journey?

sak

Yes, havent they gone up in price ?

The last ex London ambulance service sitting case I purchased from auction was £700 and some of the others with flat batteries were £200 and these were direct from LAS.

The only thing I found was it was automatic and very low geared.

:hammer::hammer::hammer:
Some ambulances are very low geared but most ambulances go to auction so you can't drive before you buy so it may be better to buy from one of the companies who bulk buy from the auctions so you can drive the vehicle before you buy it, a friend of mine bought a Mercedes ambulance with 18000 miles but it only did 50mph and was revving like a chainsaw.

izwozral

Problem with mine, it was noisy as hell and we had to shout over the engine noise, it wasn't very good going up hill either. Great lay out though and it did take us to some wonderful places.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)