An amazing work top

Millie Master

Forum Member
I am on a few facebook groups all connected with converting the dear old Renault Master and one of them has a participant who has just put up these truly amazing images of the worktop that he and his wife have created from scratch............ Personally I think it is a work of art!

In answer to someone asking, but isn't it very heavy, they replied, well yes it is heavier than the average work top, but they have made allowances for it in the rest of their build.

Phil

beachtop.jpg
Beachtop2.jpg

Attachments

• beachtop.jpg
    beachtop.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 193

Debs

Forum Member
That's a beautiful piece of work, something you can only get in a self build.(y)

wildebus

Forum Member
very nice. I was going to fit a worktop in my Camper with a natural bark random edge finish (don't know what it is called) but couldn't find on at an affordable cost :( . That pebbly one looks great (I bet it weighs a ton though!).

You could swap the worktop in a Motorhome for something more exciting if you wanted I am sure though :)

Millie Master

Forum Member
very nice. I was going to fit a worktop in my Camper with a natural bark random edge finish (don't know what it is called) but couldn't find on at an affordable cost :( . That pebbly one looks great (I bet it weighs a ton though!).

You could swap the worktop in a Motorhome for something more exciting if you wanted I am sure though :)

Apparently Dave, although the worktop weighed a lot, they had made allowances for it in their overall build.

wildebus

Forum Member
I can’t decide between marble or granite lol

That does look nice though but I wouldn’t want the weight in a van, would sooner carry extra water and food myself
That comment reminds me of some of the US 'Coaches' that I've seen on YouTube reviews that have granite worktops and marble floors. I'm surprised they manage to move! Lucky they don't seem to have any weight restrictions over there!!

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I'm afraid I'm going to be boring and have a stainless steel worktop. At least the back edges can be folded up to avoid the ingress of dirt.

Millie Master

Forum Member
Glass mosaic tiles in my 'Millie' and they have lasted 5 hard used years so far, but I have to admit, although they look as good now as when I installed them, I would never suggest anyone else goes down this route or even contemplates it!

n brown

Forum Member
someone mentioned using epoxy covered 4mm ply for a shower base . i met a guy years ago ,a boatbuilder ,who had a bus from the IOW specially built for the hills and narrow lanes ,so a 4x4 ,quite high and only 7 foot wide . he'd done the interior using ply and it was beautiful .
the whole interior was one continuous unit , starting with a kitchen ,morphing into shelves and cupboards then becoming a double bed , then a table and seating ,all looking like a billionaire's yacht and all done with cheap ply ,epoxy and skill .
as for marble , i once fitted out a German fire tender for a wealthy ex- bank robber ,on the Algarve ,and he insisted on a marble floor [about the same price as oak then] so that when it got really hot ,he could pour ice cubes on the floor ,strip off and flounder like a fish on a fishmonger's slab !

trevskoda

Forum Member
someone mentioned using epoxy covered 4mm ply for a shower base . i met a guy years ago ,a boatbuilder ,who had a bus from the IOW specially built for the hills and narrow lanes ,so a 4x4 ,quite high and only 7 foot wide . he'd done the interior using ply and it was beautiful .
the whole interior was one continuous unit , starting with a kitchen ,morphing into shelves and cupboards then becoming a double bed , then a table and seating ,all looking like a billionaire's yacht and all done with cheap ply ,epoxy and skill .
as for marble , i once fitted out a German fire tender for a wealthy ex- bank robber ,on the Algarve ,and he insisted on a marble floor [about the same price as oak then] so that when it got really hot ,he could pour ice cubes on the floor ,strip off and flounder like a fish on a fishmonger's slab !
Are you coding again.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)