Addition to Gaslo

xsilvergs

Forum Member
How easy is it to add a Calor bottle to our Gaslo system?

We have a Gaslo system but as that becomes scarse I wonder about adding something like a 6kg Calor bottle for emergency use. This could be exchanged at great expense (unless in Albufiera) at a petrol station etc.

Can it be plumbed so it's as simple as turn off the Gaslo and turn on thw Calor?

Thanks for any ideas.

wildebus

Forum Member
Not a gas person, but I did what you are talking about the other way - and same difference I think?

I had 2 Calor Bottles (just one connected at a time) and installed a Gaslow setup, removing the big Calor and keeping the small 6Kg Calor as a backup.
I fitted the dual connection piping which will allow me to turn on either bottle from the bottle 'knob' so can use either.

1617818681925.png

A wider angle shot ....
1617818646394.png

I haven't had it checked out physically by a gas chappy, but have send the photos via Neil to Charlie of Autogas 2000 and he said it all looks ok.
It all seems to work as it should when I tried swapping supplies.

xsilvergs

Forum Member
Not a gas person, but I did what you are talking about the other way - and same difference I think?

I had 2 Calor Bottles (just one connected at a time) and installed a Gaslow setup, removing the big Calor and keeping the small 6Kg Calor as a backup.
I fitted the dual connection piping which will allow me to turn on either bottle from the bottle 'knob' so can use either.

View attachment 3700

A wider angle shot ....
View attachment 3699

I haven't had it checked out physically by a gas chappy, but have send the photos via Neil to Charlie of Autogas 2000 and he said it all looks ok.
It all seems to work as it should when I tried swapping supplies.
Thank you. That's simpler than I thought! I'll look at fittings and our installation, which looks similar.

Nabsim

Forum Member
If you have a twin bottle system just remove one bottle and pipe and add a pigtail and Calor (or other) bottle 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)