Wotcha doin?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4404
  • Start date

Millie Master

Forum Member
Snow, what snow, I can't stand all this fake news we are all having to receive these days, it even fooled the Lincolnshire highways department that have been spreading thousands of tons of salt/grit all over the bone dry roads whilst the temperatures have been quite a bit above freezing!!

Deleted member 4404

Snow, what snow, I can't stand all this fake news we are all having to receive these days, it even fooled the Lincolnshire highways department that have been spreading thousands of tons of salt/grit all over the bone dry roads whilst the temperatures have been quite a bit above freezing!!

Tomorrow is forecast to be bad for us in the SW; pleasant sunny afternoon now :unsure:

Deleted member 4404

Looking out at a white garden; minus 4 degrees
Cold-smiley.gif

trevskoda

Forum Member
How did the building work go Trev?
Well not to good,i was standing on 4 inch underfoor insulation and a batton broke so i went down between joists with a jolt,now back sore and on pain killers and very hot bath just now,so see how i go friday.
thermo.jpg

REC

Forum Member
Pollarded several trees ...at least the bonfire kept us warm! Took twenty minutes to defrost the car doors this morning, couldn't open them! Think Kent will get it worse tomorrow, hopefully we will just get a little sprinkle!

Deleted member 4404

Pollarded several trees ...at least the bonfire kept us warm! Took twenty minutes to defrost the car doors this morning, couldn't open them! Think Kent will get it worse tomorrow, hopefully we will just get a little sprinkle!

Had the same thing on our car, the locks worked but the handles were frozen solid.

campervanannie

Forum Member
I tried this method of de icing the car a bag of really hot water but if it’s freezing as the ice melts it turns back into ice as it runs down the windscreen and welds itself to the glass what s waste of time.

AB4C6860-55B2-4223-A3AA-33FE9C8C9347.jpeg

Deleted member 4404

Just looked out and we've got snow, I'll throw the cat out in a minute to see how deep it is :LOL:

trevskoda

Forum Member
Put vaseline around the door rubbers and they will open easy,just watch ones clothes.
Spray glass with night before and no ice will form,dont turf hot water as i have seen screens fracture.

REC

Forum Member
Put vaseline around the door rubbers and they will open easy,just watch ones clothes.
Spray glass with night before and no ice will form,dont turf hot water as i have seen screens fracture.
Spray glass with.....night before? Sounds like a great tip but missing the vital word :unsure:
Vaseline is good idea, off to do that now!

Deleted member 4404

For the car, we have a cheapy external silver screen which covers the screen and is held in place by the doors.

trevskoda

Forum Member
Spray glass with.....night before? Sounds like a great tip but missing the vital word :unsure:
Vaseline is good idea, off to do that now!
Its a spray with that name sold here,sprays on like a white foam and dries on screen,works well with ice and light snow,after that just stay in and watch telly or come on here.

Brett

just had two nights in peak district walking ,snowing when walking round Ladybower and over Wyn hill really cold at night got to do a rethink about heating van

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)