Wotcha doin?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4404
  • Start date

Deleted member 4404

At Slapton sands, with a few campervan friends. Drowned some ragworms and then spent the evening chatting round a firepit - a great day and lucky with the weather.

Millie Master

Forum Member
My word that was a whole lot of education for me Chris because until a few moments ago, I had never heard of Slapton Sands, so I did a quick Google search and came across this tragic war training story from 1944 as detailed in the archives of the Devon Life newspaper.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/slapton-beach-exercise-tiger-ww2-1880601

Just what would have been the public reaction if such a massive tragedy was to happen these day?

Phil

ps. I hope you enjoyed the fishing

voyager

Forum Member
Indeed a tragic story. If it happened today there would be calls for a public inquiry and to apportion blame to those responsible.

With regard to fishing - i have spent many a frozen night drowning ragworms and it was usually around 2.00 in the morning when I would say to myself'what the h@ll am I doing here.

Deleted member 4404

After the storms last year, there is a major road rebuilding scheme here and the future of the car park looks doubtful; there is already a 'No Sleeping' sign here.

Deleted member 4404

Back home again :(. I like this time of year for travelling, plenty of places to stop and not many tourists.

Millie Master

Forum Member
Back home again :(. I like this time of year for travelling, plenty of places to stop and not many tourists.

Generally speaking Chris, at this time of year 'Millie' is parked up on SORN, the main reason being that damp conditions normally result in damp and dirty dogs and we soon run out of dry towels when our most adored four legged friends get back from one of their many walks!!

Deleted member 4404

Windy or wot!! Been picking up recycle bins/lids in the garden; expect someone will claim them :rolleyes:

campervanannie

Forum Member
At Slapton sands, with a few campervan friends. Drowned some ragworms and then spent the evening chatting round a firepit - a great day and lucky with the weather.
We had a fab few days no fish caught but a nice chat round the fire at night.
0BD6D276-09C8-432E-9213-B1D53E342DA6.jpeg

And don’t forget the cream teas 😂😂😂

Deleted member 4404

Gaffer's taking the car in for MOT etc this morning :(. I'm following to pick her up and give the bus a run out; spect we'll have to 'pop-in' to the shops on the way home:rolleyes:.

trevskoda

Forum Member
Trying to drink cupasoup as my face is sore from dentist, tomorrow i shall devour the complete contents of the larder.

campervanannie

Forum Member
I took a load of kitchenslia to the charity shop today say to the lady be careful with the red bag it has glass Pyrex dishes in it, ok she replied just as I was leaving the shop I heard the sound of breaking glass. 😡

Deleted member 4404

Fetched the car back last evening after MOT, service and new tyres - not the best time to go through Exeter :(
Got to go into Tiverton this morning and it's snowing:eek:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)