What did you do on your Van yesterday ?

RAW

Forum Member
Having a part day off and as the weather had improved I decided to fix the strips around the Windows in Sylvia. Well, partly. The infill strips that cover the screws and rivets holding the windows to the Van shell are called Herzim Strips I found out whilst researching where to obtain them on the interweb.
It took some time but I managed to get it all done, sadly some of the rivets and screws were really badly rusted, yet the windows seem solid enough in place.

A couple of screws were so rusted that they were falling out so I replaced those and at the same time I discovered that there were screws right through from the window flame to the wooden rail that holds the seats back to the wall in the living area.
On Sylvia one of these wooden rails was coming away and so I removed the screw holding it and epoxied it all back in place and I hope this will hold better than previous owners attempts to do similar with mastic and other glues. Sadly my last attempt to do this failed miserably with Liquid nails !!
The next job is all the other strips and seals, goodness only knows what they are called !!

What j
Some before and after images below.
before.png
after.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)