What are the most important items needed in a campervan

nomadichobbit

Hello,

Lots of different opinions on this one. It was helpful to to me choose 3 top objectives for the van build. On this one it was to have a woodburner, comfy bed and good storage. I did end up having enough room for a composting loo and that has been amazing, wouldn't do without one now.

Best of luck,
Feta

Would love more details on the compost loo

kanga

Some method of using a loo is essential . Your girlfriend is not going to thank you for suggesting she go and find a bush.
Also some method of keeping clean so a shower or bowl for water or something(baby wipes arent much good for hair washing).
If you are camping more than a few days away from facilities then a way to wash small clothes (undies,tshirts,shorts)
Places to put clean and dirty clothing.
Somewhere to store perishable food.
A method of cooking.
Something to store your drinking water and be able to get to it easily.
A method of creating privacy (curtains or window screens).
Some form of lighting.
A big enough area to sleep in and a good surface to sleep on.
Bedding that is warm enough for the time of year.

FringeDweller

cash and a Jack Russell

cash and a Jack Russell,

with these two things, all else is possible.

james

Looser cruiser

Think quiet a lot of people started out not wanting to empty Shiite box it’s easy to say I won’t or don’t want to do it but necessity sometimes it has to be done ide rather youse box in van than 80% of the public loos I’ve seen. Must admit I found it very hard to do at first I was emptying cartridge one way and puking the other way now I could work in the sewerage works no problem.

Deleted member 2572

Think quiet a lot of people started out not wanting to empty Shiite box it’s easy to say I won’t or don’t want to do it but necessity sometimes it has to be done ide rather youse box in van than 80% of the public loos I’ve seen. Must admit I found it very hard to do at first I was emptying cartridge one way and puking the other way now I could work in the sewerage works no problem.

Ya big wuss :banana:
I have done a lot of drains and sewage systems over the years and it always cracked me up to see some of the biggest and meanest builders gagging as I just got in amongst it and scooped it out with my hands if we had to !
Worst smelling drains are pubs and hotels they seriously do stink with all the grease and fat :scared:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)