What’s all this then.

Bouydog

Forum Member
Can anyone identify these components please. They are associated with my charger and inverter and I would like to know what they are and what they do.
Thanks Dave
27ED5F80-E211-4BD0-B8D5-3BC3FD67D69C.jpeg

mistericeman

Forum Member
Left from top to bottom
blade fuse box
Then two 'mega' fuses
30 amp fuse
2 black square relays
Then 3 silver cylinder heavy duty relay
Green thing top right is a d6dq timer unit.

How it's all configured would depend on how, its all linked up and what it's supposed to do.

Bouydog

Forum Member
Thanks for that it was the three cylinders and the green thing that had me scratching my head. All seems to work as it should so I shall remount them in another position and leave them to it.

wildebus

Forum Member
they are Mechanical Solenoids and looking at the cabling, the lower one is a "master" one, and when enabled provides power to the other two, and those two will be enabled by their own individual control signals.
So I reckon you will have two main sub-circuits, individually controlled and coming off the starter battery when the engine is running (no such thing as standard colours in vehicle wiring, but blue is very commonly a wire from the Alternator D+)
Is it a US vehicle you have? those Solenoids tend to be favoured over the EMRs over in the USA.

Bouydog

Forum Member
they are Mechanical Solenoids and looking at the cabling, the lower one is a "master" one, and when enabled provides power to the other two, and those two will be enabled by their own individual control signals.
So I reckon you will have two main sub-circuits, individually controlled and coming off the starter battery when the engine is running (no such thing as standard colours in vehicle wiring, but blue is very commonly a wire from the Alternator D+)
Is it a US vehicle you have? those Solenoids tend to be favoured over the EMRs over in the USA.
No this is on my Iveco ex library.
I don’t know yet If any of this may be redundant possibly to do with the power doors or wheelchair lift, all interior lighting charger and inverter are working fine.
I will get someone more qualified than myself to check it out when I get to that stage in the build.

RV2MAX

Forum Member
At a guess would say its for the wheelchair lift . :) The big wires probably trace down to the hydro pump . So you could keep and use the hydro power or sell for a good return .

Bouydog

Forum Member
At a guess would say its for the wheelchair lift . :) The big wires probably trace down to the hydro pump . So you could keep and use the hydro power or sell for a good return .
That would be good news, I will trace the wires and if that is the case remove what I don’t need.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)