Using 240AC Only Fridge in a Campervan

Nesting Zombie

I could, but why would I want to?
Not sure if I am missing your point or if my original post is not clear?

I have fitted a 240V AC Fridge in my Camper.
I thought it might be of interest to report how it performs in terms of energy consumption for other people to see, as so much nonsense is written about using 240V devices and the evil devil of the Inverter sucking the batteries dry.

It’s probably the way I processed the information in your post as more a ‘Viability Or Concern’s of draw through permanent use type thing.

But sharing information or Projects about a common interest is always useful in my mind.

wildebus

Forum Member
It’s probably the way I processed the information in your post as more a ‘Viability Or Concern’s of draw through permanent use type thing.

But sharing information or Projects about a common interest is always useful in my mind.

I re-read my first post and can see why you got that impression.
I have now reposted the original thread and reworded the intro as I think it could have been misconstrued as a feasibility study. Hopefully clearer now?

On your last point, fully agree but sometimes wonder if it is worth it on this forum with some members and their replies.

trevskoda

Forum Member
Every one has the right of reply wheater good bad or indiferant or even just c-ap like most of my posts.:wave:

wildebus

Forum Member
Every one has the right of reply wheater good bad or indiferant or even just c-ap like most of my posts.:wave:

Do they? If their reply is totally irrelevant to the subject? Is that why so many threads on this forum lose their original purpose and gist and go off at tangents?
I guess so.

Oh look a Squirrel. Anyone got any good Squirrel recipes?

jagmanx

Nom de Plume

Do they? If their reply is totally irrelevant to the subject? Is that why so many threads on this forum lose their original purpose and gist and go off at tangents?
I guess so.

Oh look a Squirrel. Anyone got any good Squirrel recipes?

H D
AKA Wint****

ScoTTyBEEE

Forum Member
Thanks for this vid wildebus. This is the first video I've seen where someones actually recorded the inrush current, and at 550w it's lower than anyone ever says. I might try one of those £80 Logik fridges from Currys on my 350w inverter this summer. I've been putting it off as I imagined I would need to upgrade it, but it's an expensive inverter and should cope with that for a few seconds.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)