Truma Trumatic e 1800 help! New(old member)

Jakesarahzac

Evening all, I have recently joined the forum as a full member, we used to be members a few years back but thought I'd start a fresh username after loosing passwords etc. So anyway here's the story, we have a ldv convoy diy conversion that was built by the previous owner, we have owned the van for 5
Years now. Last year sometime the gas blown heater trumatic e 1800 stopped functioning, I put it down to a fuse ok the board and replaced this but still the heater will not ignite, we have gas to the heater and I've tried a few tricks that I've read about, cleaning the exhaust etc. It clicks as if it's trying to ignite but just fails and the fan continues to spin with a red light. I emailed Truma and although they were helpful it turns out the unit is too old for them to service and parts are no longer available to them,
Is there anyone out there with experience of this heater? Any ideas? It was a great heater in its day and at the present time I'm not in the position to shell out for a new replacement model. Really want to get out there in the coming weeks (mot dependant also!) and would like to know we have the gas heating so we can get out the way off the hook up! Thanks. Jake

Cyranoff

Forum Member
Mine stop working for no reason…got gaz ,got 12 volts , fuses ok , voltage on board ok,câble ok .No blower ( but motor Works ok When plug on 12v) , seems to be the circuit board… but can‘t find schematics. .Havé any idea where to find it ?

alex-T2

Forum Member
@Cyranoff if you found solution let me know please! (or if anyone else)

No ignition so no heat, never green light only Red light blinking if i set to Gas, i can listen a very small "click" in the motherboard and no sound in the heater at all and red light just blinking in the control unit. If i set the button to ventilation the motor is working but no flame, only cold air and no click click sounds at all in the background for ignition to start. I start to believe broken board or from what i read online red light blinking means low voltage. I checked yesterday and i got 12V exactly, is that ok or should it more (12,60?) or even 24V?? (cause i can see there is a voltage regulator installed on my system)

Please advise!

alex-T2

Forum Member
i've fixed it after all :) Just for other people want to know i had red blinking light and this means low voltage. My truma is 24V and i realized that the 12to24V converter was not working ok so i replaced with a new one and started the ignition.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)