This beauty could be an amaaaaazing base vehicle

wildebus

Forum Member
Does look tidy and pretty low Kms as well.
Not sure which would be the better base ... a super big van like that or a small 7.5t lorry?

fifthwheel

Far too expensive in my opinion £14,000 and then start to convert, It would be on a par with a coach built price wise when finished but wouldnt have the resale value of a flimsie.

trevskoda

Forum Member
Yes way to much dosh,i could have bout one of two here for 5 grand all like new with very low miles because they were over 5 years old and folk here dont want old things nor do dealers.

wildebus

Forum Member
Yes way to much dosh,i could have bout one of two here for 5 grand all like new with very low miles because they were over 5 years old and folk here dont want old things nor do dealers.
Sounds like NI is the place to go to buy :) (I was actually due to go to NI to buy a VW T4 Caravelle back in 2015 but the extra photos didn't look to clever)

Darcar

Forum Member
They are getting very rare nowadays, Mercedes stopped making them in 2013, so if it’s good with little rust and low mileage, then you can ask almost anything you want.
The vario and the t2’s have a great reputation and if looked after, are capable of huge mileages.
I don’t think it’s over priced maybe towards the tip end, but I bet he sells it!
I’v seen a 2007 4x4 vario mwb sell for over 20k, recently.

Darcar.

Brett

looks ok but not cheap 14000 +vat 2800 plus fitting it out but a good size for somebody who is looking for something bigger than tranny ,sprinter or the like

trevskoda

Forum Member
Ha hA,fack is people here like to keep up with the jones,and the fact that it is dank damp and dark here most of winter people just cannot have something which may break down,and also poor repair shops with vastly over pricing they just buy new every two years trading up as is called.
Then with prices with car/van brains if they go wonky dealers dont want old goods as if they sell it and it goes wrong there out of pocket,so once 4 years old all from main dealers goes to auction which the biggest one is just across the rd from me,then sold for knock down prices,hence my last car at turning seven years i bought for £10 only.
No things have moved on in last few years but good cars can be bought from £300 up with maybe 60.000 miles on clock with lots of life left in them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)