Thetford cassette toilets

Rodeo

At present we use a basic thetford portaloo,but am thinking about fitting a thetford (or alternative make ???) With an external fitting cassette.Does anyone have any preferences for manufacturers,and suppliers that could give 'hands on' advice about types and their workings?
Thanks

Ginge3685

Toilet

At present we use a basic thetford portaloo,but am thinking about fitting a thetford (or alternative make ???) With an external fitting cassette.Does anyone have any preferences for manufacturers,and suppliers that could give 'hands on' advice about types and their workings?
Thanks

I think it would be best go with Thetford mainly for spares and service......

molly 2

I had a van with a domestic toilet ,it was very tight to remove the cassette ,it was leaky it was ceramic bowl .I now have a thetford much better .would go with the one that has wheels and folding handle .

Sharon the Cat

Thetford: so easy to get parts for & of course all the budding toilet engineers on here you can go to for advice.

Rodeo

Well,after contacting 2 recognised Thetford stockists,neither could give me full info on them!!
The pull out grey coloured waste container holds the waste,but where is the flush water stored.Is the flush water holding tank in the kit? Neither could answer this!
So c'mon you lot give me the low down (lol) on the details! They have an electric flush,but where is the pump located? Is the outside access door included in the kit?
Thanks

Wooie1958

Forum Member
I have the Thetford C200 CWE View attachment 33254

The flush water is stored in the reservoir that you can see at the back with the blue button on top, that is the flush button.

That sits against the outside wall of the van / bathroom / toilet compartment.

The water pump is located inside the water reservoir and you fill it from a flap on the outside.

Can`t answer the door question ................. sorry.

Last edited:

Alf

Look in your local area for a van converter call and see them and pick their brains most will be glad to see you and give any help they can

try here
Rainbow Conversions - for all your motorhome needs

Alf

Well,after contacting 2 recognised Thetford stockists,neither could give me full info on them!!
The pull out grey coloured waste container holds the waste,but where is the flush water stored.Is the flush water holding tank in the kit? Neither could answer this!
So c'mon you lot give me the low down (lol) on the details! They have an electric flush,but where is the pump located? Is the outside access door included in the kit?
Thanks

Bill Posters

You may be able to buy a package of loo and door but more often they are sold separately. You do however get the lockable cover for the flush inlet that sits on the side wall of the van.

Cutting the door through the van and making sure it's all in the right place and at the right level is 'interesting' but once you've made the first cut then the rest just follows.

We used to have a portaloo that we used to manhandle through the van, out the door and down the steps. The first time we put a thetford in with an access door it felt like heaven. Best thing we ever did.

FULL TIMER

The Thetford toilets normally come with the door from my supplier , there is the C200CW which has a built in flush water tank and the C200CS which uses water from your main tank to flush with, neither of these models come with a cassette with wheels on both these are the swivel type bowl. there is also the C402C which is a bench type toilet this doesn't come with a door which needs to be ordered separately but does have a cassette with wheels and built in flushing tank these toilets also need to be ordered either left or right handed, there is also the C260 which replaced the C250 (similar to the ceramic bowled one mentioned with a tendency to leak) but my suppler doesn't stock these, by the way with all these toilets the door supplied is only a frame you need to either use the part that you cut out of the vehicle side or make a panel to fill the frame a template for this is supplied in the kit.

Rodeo

Ah,I see,they can have a built in flush water tank,so thats what the swivel out grey pipe is for near the top of the door opening! Looking at some of the cassette doors on vans,they seem a bit flimsy.Maybe I could get one made in stainless,but suppose they are only as strong as the locks fitted.
Need to find a supplier that I can view one at,to make a decision.

mrbigglesworth

If you don't mind used there are plenty on ebay or try a caravan dismantlers. We flush ours with the showerhead/ bidet bum-gun.

Mr B.

Rodeo

Yeah,have seen s/hand,but its one of the things that we really need to be 'one owner'tbh! We flush our basic portaloo with a basic spray bottle of water mixed with a small amount of liquid laundry detergent.

yorkslass

Recently been looking for spares, but also found the full range with lots of info at CAK tanks.

n brown

Forum Member
Ah,I see,they can have a built in flush water tank,so thats what the swivel out grey pipe is for near the top of the door opening! Looking at some of the cassette doors on vans,they seem a bit flimsy.Maybe I could get one made in stainless,but suppose they are only as strong as the locks fitted.
i recently had to break into a locked one on an old caravan. a steel one might have been easier, as the plastic kept bending instead of being forced open . your cassette is pretty safe i reckon !

Obanboy666

Who would want to break into a poo container locker ?

If they were that desperate they are welcome to it as far as I'm concerned lol !

:lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)