Street / security lighting / Solar panels

NickB

This weekend for 3 days/nights my van was parked directly underneath very bright lighting.
My solar control was switching constantly on and off the internal relays were clicking every minute or so. So much so I had to get up and switch it off to get to sleep.
The control panel showed that the solar panel was producing 16v at night.
I've tried (googled) to find information has anyone any links or workarounds. Other than don't park underneath security lighting.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildebus

Forum Member
This weekend for 3 days/nights my van was parked directly underneath very bright lighting.
My solar control was switching constantly on and off the internal relays were clicking every minute or so. So much so I had to get up and switch it off to get to sleep.
The control panel showed that the solar panel was producing 16v at night.
I've tried (googled) to find information has anyone any links or workarounds. Other than don't park underneath security lighting.
Getting some solar from streetlighting is not uncommon. What I find intriging in the above is that you have such noisy relays in the controller! What controller is it you have?

NickB

ABSO DMT1250 50amp.
Not so much loud... more like a barely audible "dripping tap"
20190917_121032.jpg

wildebus

Forum Member
Victron / Victron / Victron

Enough said :D
Who Knows! I got a new range of Solar Controllers in last week to evaluate from a Shenzhen manufacturer which look very good. I'll be checking them out next week.
Looks nice and robust and think it will run cool with that casing and heatsink! (both this and the Victron are both 20A MPPT units)
IMG_20190914_162548 by David, on Flickr

Reactions: RAW

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)