propex heater HS2000

Poppy

Been checking online for heaters....I think I'm going for a Propex HS2000, however, not sure which one is more suitable.

single or twin outlet, what do you guys think?

Single £429.00 twin £469.00

Just been taking a closer look at the heater itself & I see NO physical diffrence, apart from a plasic Y shaped connector....which you can get on ebay for less than the £'s diffrence between the 2 heaters.

Last edited:

outtolunch

Depends on your layout how many vents you want my blown system has 5 in addition to the main convection unit but the most important one is the one into the washroom the other 4 just speed up the heating of the main area a bit but unless you leave the door open the washroom gets a bit chilly without this vent.

jogguk

I don't see why it is so much more expensive if the specification is the same, apart from the 'Y'?

Had one of these 2Kw Propex heaters (older model '85 vintage). Something like 85mm dia pipe coming out about 500mm long then the Y piece which reduced down to two outlets about 65mm dia. I squashed one pipe a little to run under the fridge into the washroom. The washroom outlet was closable to regulate the heat

John

Poppy

I don't see why it is so much more expensive if the specification is the same, apart from the 'Y'?

Had one of these 2Kw Propex heaters (older model '85 vintage). Something like 85mm dia pipe coming out about 500mm long then the Y piece which reduced down to two outlets about 65mm dia. I squashed one pipe a little to run under the fridge into the washroom. The washroom outlet was closable to regulate the heat

John

I've just had another read.....it's the Y piece & an extre metre of the inlet hose.

The power spec's are identical, I should go price up the Y piece & hose.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)