Propane Gas Question

Joolzy

Can someone please answer a couple of questions re gas cylinders?
I have one of the 11kg Flo Gas Propane cylinders that we have used in the past for a patio cooker, seems a shame to waste it as almost full so thought we would use this first before then possibly going for a refillable LPG.
The regulator got chucked out with the cooker, so:
1) am I right in thinking that I need a 37Mbar regulator?
2) Do the same rules apply for these in a campervan as refillable cylinders i.e. sealed gas locker and vent in floor?

Thanks

Deleted member 36

Can someone please answer a couple of questions re gas cylinders?
I have one of the 11kg Flo Gas Propane cylinders that we have used in the past for a patio cooker, seems a shame to waste it as almost full so thought we would use this first before then possibly going for a refillable LPG.
The regulator got chucked out with the cooker, so:
1) am I right in thinking that I need a 37Mbar regulator?
2) Do the same rules apply for these in a campervan as refillable cylinders i.e. sealed gas locker and vent in floor?

Thanks

Hi Joolzy
The regulator will depend on your appliances, ours are 30M/bar, but many are also 37M/bar. Some older ones can be 50 M/bar. It depends on the jets within the appliances.
Yes you do need drop vents and a sealed locker for safety!

channa

Current standard for propane and butane since 2002 is 30 mbaron Leisure accommodation vehicles (LAV) Prior to that propane ran at 37 mbar. Either or, appliances wont require re jetting. A 37 mbar reg will be cheaper if you use the bottle top type.

Grath is right some appliances are jetted for 50 mbar, Whilst becoming increasingly rare it tends to be on foreign made vans particularly the older German vans.

A sealed gas locker is not a requirement albeit makes good practice, The important part is there Must be a drop out vent in the event of a leak

Channa

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)