Opening window hinge bar

Vicdicdoc

I’m fitting an opening window in the side of my van, I can’t find where to obtain the other hinge bar that screws to the van itself- any suggestions ?

Attachments

• 7938352E-3703-49A6-BFB4-101C0DFC05C8.jpeg
    7938352E-3703-49A6-BFB4-101C0DFC05C8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 672

n brown

Forum Member
it looks like standard caravan fitting . if so ,a caravan shop , a breakers like the one in Blenaevon , or i've got some knocking about

Millie Master

Forum Member
I agree with Mr. Brown, the only problem with this kind of window being that the panel they are fitted into has to be flat.

Vicdicdoc

Yep van panel is flat.
I’ve tried caravan dealers but not breakers, cheers

Vicdicdoc

Ok I will but how you'd post it to me without it getting bent I don't know !

Vicdicdoc

Dah ! I didn't think of tubing.
I'll measure up but I'm guessing 1 metre

Vicdicdoc

Hi, I’ve tried various places but can’t get the hinge bar- can I take you up on your offer? It’s a length of 1 metre I need, (if you have to buy a length of plastic piping to put it into let me know total & I’ll send it to you.
Vic

n brown

Forum Member
just spent too long trying to find the price to post a tube- somewhere between 6 and 30 quid . they don't make it easy . see what you can find out

Vicdicdoc

Ok, I’ll get to the post office Tuesday & get a ball park estimate,
Cheers Vic

wildebus

Forum Member
Ok, I’ll get to the post office Tuesday & get a ball park estimate,
Cheers Vic
If you get a price from the post office, make sure you tell them you are sending a perfectly round tube. For some reason beyond me, a completely round tube costs a lot less then something that is the same basic dimensions but is not round.
Also a key dimension is >1.5M - that bumps up the cost a lot

(I send a lot of post from my on-line shops so have ended up as a Postage Price nerd!)

Vicdicdoc

just spent too long trying to find the price to post a tube- somewhere between 6 and 30 quid . they don't make it easy . see what you can find out

~~~~~~~~~~~~
According to Mr postmaster if it’s a round tube approx 1 1/2” - 2” dia & length approx 1 metre & weight under 1Kg, he says around £6.50 1st class

Vicdicdoc

Let me know how much you want for the hinge rail + postage and I’ll send it to you

Droop

Forum Member
pm your address i'll try and send it tomorrow , the hinge is free , just send the postage ta
I know I'm replying to a post that's 2 years old but I'm also after this style of hinge. Do you still have some available?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)