New off topic Chat Room

• Thread starter Deleted member 4404
  • Start date

REC

Forum Member
Everyone must be away for the weekend! Walked the dog with our son and family, in pouring rain.....had to completely change all our clothes on return and dog went straight in the bath! Exhilarating though, and as we all said, we would have been tucked up in the warm if we had no dog! Hmmm.........:unsure:

Deleted member 4404

Blowing a hooley down yere, with sunny spells and rain - what they call changeable I spose.

Millie Master

Forum Member
Everyone must be away for the weekend! Walked the dog with our son and family, in pouring rain.....had to completely change all our clothes on return and dog went straight in the bath! Exhilarating though, and as we all said, we would have been tucked up in the warm if we had no dog! Hmmm.........:unsure:

I did almost exactly the same with our 3 spaniels, it might not have been quite so cold but with the wind chill factor, even I was shivvvvvvering!

Mind you I have had a momentous weekend of International rugby to feast my eyes on, all washed down by more than a few glasses of the finest malt, beers from heaven knows where and red wine and now next week I have to somehow get my system to accept a diet of bread and dripping!!

Phil

trevskoda

Forum Member
Was raining most of the day but warm as there is a southern air stream over ireland and staying for all of next week.

Millie Master

Forum Member
Gorgeous morning here in South Lincs. and with nice weather it makes getting back onto my blood restoring diet all the more manageable.

Deleted member 4404

Forecast for Devon is drier and cool, but sun is up already (y)

Deleted member 4404

Trip to Tiverton this morning, then back home, test the water tank and reload the bus ready for our next getaway.
I reckon it does good to unload the bus every now and then and see how much unwanted 'stuff' we are carrying around. I think I have enough fishing gear on board to rig out half a dozen people; soon be making use of it next month when the bass bar is lifted
fishing.gif

Millie Master

Forum Member
Not such a bad day here, so we are off to view yet another property which is not located in our ideal area, but it does appear to tick quite a lot of our other must have boxes.

time4t

Not such a bad day here, so we are off to view yet another property which is not located in our ideal area, but it does appear to tick quite a lot of our other must have boxes.
Are you moving again Phil, I thought you were happy with the home you have now.

Phill

Millie Master

Forum Member
Are you moving again Phil, I thought you were happy with the home you have now.

Phill

Well Phill, you know how it goes, we love this house, it is perfect for us, however as we have 3 very energetic dogs and as we are used to having a garden of at least half and acre, the garden is simply not large enough for us, so we have this one on the market and are searching this time for a bungalow with at least half an acre of garden.
We are off to view a bungalow, I hope on Saturday, it has just had everything done to it and it's in a small rural village over in Leicestershire, close to where we both grew up, the big bonus is that it has a garden that is closer to an acre in size. It also has excellent cycling roads surrounding it.

Phil

LibertyHall

Forum Member
Morning all
Having had dogs (large) all my life for the last 6 years have been without one! Hence Muttley’s build and travels. However a friend asked if I’d dog sit there German Shepard, back iin the summer! Since then we’ve had a Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, black labrador a staffie a lovely dog and so affectionate (awaiting rehoming) and various other breeds..
We’re still managing to do travels in between for us it’s an ideal situation we get our hit of having a dog without the ties expense and above all when it comes time to say farewell 😭

00300004-8DB4-4D6C-8955-CDD6546C8F6F.jpeg 1DA76F6C-BED4-452A-929B-8EB4A8290B5B.jpeg CEB396D9-2524-40E6-8AD5-CB579407AFE5.jpeg DFD093A9-BFDF-4154-8135-D69FF91C25EF.jpeg
The Newfoundland is our current lodger though he’s on reserve
Take care all

time4t

Hi Ken, would that be a Leonberger? Ah, it's a newfoundland isn't it.

Phill

time4t

Well Phill, you know how it goes, we love this house, it is perfect for us, however as we have 3 very energetic dogs and as we are used to having a garden of at least half and acre, the garden is simply not large enough for us, so we have this one on the market and are searching this time for a bungalow with at least half an acre of garden.
We are off to view a bungalow, I hope on Saturday, it has just had everything done to it and it's in a small rural village over in Leicestershire, close to where we both grew up, the big bonus is that it has a garden that is closer to an acre in size. It also has excellent cycling roads surrounding it.

Phil
Well,I wish you a happy house hunt but it would tire me out to move around like you do!

PHILL

LibertyHall

Forum Member
Hi Ken, would that be a Leonberger? Ah, it's a newfoundland isn't it.

Phill
Morning Phill
Yes Bobby he’s a 7 year old Newfoundland, he loves company and follows you everywhere!! Which is fine as at the moment I have a tea towel to wipe the slobber. 🙄 Grandson came here on Wednesday to see him he’s only 1 and they just curled up together. It going to be hard saying bye to him!
Ken

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)