Mitsubishi Fuso/Canter

trevskoda

Forum Member
Or just buy a ex library low mileage bus and save a big shed full of work.
merc bus.png

Greggbear67

Forum Member
Reckon the bus option is best, windows, night heater & much of the insulation sorted already along with enough width for a transverse bed & a flat floor too. ...

Greggbear67

Forum Member
Weather it was second hand or brand new the engine location would still put me off. If it isn't a problem then the actual mechanics of the conversion would be no harder than any other van I reckon. Don't reckon reliability would be an issue if new, haven't heard of any glaring faults with them, & they do look nice too....

Greggbear67

Forum Member
I have always thought of Mitsubishi vehicles as being superbly engineered, however with regards to your post I honestly do believe that this particular cab/chassis has a chassis that is far too high off the ground to transform into a MoHo, you would need multiple steps to gain access.

Phil
Plenty self builds have this issue, my bus has 3 steps up into it but not a big issue. Left the bus handrails in place too so really easy to get in/out...

Greggbear67

Forum Member
Usually if cab doesn't tilt, engine access in this layout of vehicle is via a removable panel under the middle seat or above the engine. Makes servicing etc awkward but usually means as the cad area is right out at the front of the vehicle, the load area can be made longer. Horses for courses, great idea in a van or pickup when load space is usually the whole point of the vehicle, but I feel it would just spoil the layout of a motor home.

RV2MAX

Forum Member
theres a few about

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)