Malvern Great western motorhome show

Squiffy

Forum Member
Just arrived back from the above show, we go nearly every year just to see what's changed. To be frank there doesn't seem to have been a major change from last year, one thing we did notice was the LED lights have been updated to flashy'er types and to be honest that seems to be it, most layouts are much the same materials used again much the same, a few have started putting in all electric fridges but these are mainly in smaller vans T5's and 6's and so on. Solar panels are still extras which I find a bit odd seeing that solar panels are cheap and easy to install unless of course you bought one from the show, the prices were eye watering and almost laughable, but then they are dealing with folk who do not have the ability or inclination to fit one. Talking of that we did meet quite a few who had already self built or were taking photos with the intention of building one. I spoke to a guy there who was an ex Wildex employee and had two vans there built on secondhand vehicles, I asked him if he was having problems re registering the vans, he admitted he had not as yet registered the vans as motor caravans and was a bit apprehensive about it, I did think then that it would be a real problem if he sells one or even both but could not get them registered as such 😕 very odd situation. All in all it's a good show what with the cowboys and indian show going on as well, can reccomend it to anyone who has not been for next year, I towed the motorcycle up and my wife and I cruise around the Malverns in the afternoons, lovely scenery and the pubs a great 👍. Phil

Auntyjan

Just arrived back from the above show, we go nearly every year just to see what's changed. To be frank there doesn't seem to have been a major change from last year, one thing we did notice was the LED lights have been updated to flashy'er types and to be honest that seems to be it, most layouts are much the same materials used again much the same, a few have started putting in all electric fridges but these are mainly in smaller vans T5's and 6's and so on. Solar panels are still extras which I find a bit odd seeing that solar panels are cheap and easy to install unless of course you bought one from the show, the prices were eye watering and almost laughable, but then they are dealing with folk who do not have the ability or inclination to fit one. Talking of that we did meet quite a few who had already self built or were taking photos with the intention of building one. I spoke to a guy there who was an ex Wildex employee and had two vans there built on secondhand vehicles, I asked him if he was having problems re registering the vans, he admitted he had not as yet registered the vans as motor caravans and was a bit apprehensive about it, I did think then that it would be a real problem if he sells one or even both but could not get them registered as such 😕 very odd situation. All in all it's a good show what with the cowboys and indian show going on as well, can reccomend it to anyone who has not been for next year, I towed the motorcycle up and my wife and I cruise around the Malverns in the afternoons, lovely scenery and the pubs a great 👍. Phil
Was it just my friend and I that thought there were fewer trade stands but more catering stands this year? Also as a wheelchair user, don’t get me started on the new layout of the Severn Hall. A fire hazard as well as awful access.

Squiffy

Forum Member
Have to say Auntyjan,
I have only gone once to one of the shows there, I know it's included in the price but the particular time we went about 3 years ago it was crowded noisy and Bl......y expensive at the bar as we had run out of alcohol that we bought with us. Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)