Hello from France

Kermavio

Hi gang,

I joined a little while ago but didn't make any postings. Life has sort of got in the way a bit since then and now I've come back to this forum, I see a lot of bods I know posting here.

To those who already know me, I apologise. Creating over-zealous moderators who all but destroyed SBMCC and caused me to leave that forum / club and inventing spurious reasons to close down the DIY forum has failed to get rid of me. Like the proverbial bad centime, I've turned up on here!!

To those poor souls who have managed to avoid me to date, I also apologise. The reasons will become clear as my postings progress. For instance, "apologise" is spelled with an "s", not the "z" that auto-speller insists. I have my views. Grudgingly, I also accept that one or two may not be entirely accurate.

My name is Chris and, with my wife Helen, I live just about slap bang in the centre of Brittany. We've been here for over twenty years and, before we retired, we ran a small gîte complex. Our project is an ageing Iveco Daily 35S12 xlwb which is vying for the place of being the longest time taken for a conversion ever. If John (fifth wheel) has made it over to here, then that will be the second longest time!

Although I shudder at the thought of moderators and vocabulary thought police (we didn't have 'em on DIY and, with one very short-lived exception, didn't need 'em), I'm looking forward to learning from you guys and offering my thoughts and experiences.

Deleted member 4404

Hi Chris,
Welcome from a very under zealous mod :ROFLMAO:; there's only Phil (admin) and me looking after the forum. Phil still has a lot of work in progress on Wild Camping and Motorhomer, so it's left to me to keep the forum tidy. Fairly easy really, just picking up screws and sweeping up sawdust ;). Any probs let me know and I'll do my best to sort them.

This forum was put together very quickly after DIY finished and before we do any major changes, we are planning to have a 'consultation' period for members to put forward their ideas and suggestions. This should happen next month and I'll post more about it nearer the time.

The forum is using the same Xenforo software as Motorhomer.com so we have access to some great features like the Media and Resources sections already installed.

Cheers
Chris

Darcar

Forum Member
Hi gang,

I joined a little while ago but didn't make any postings. Life has sort of got in the way a bit since then and now I've come back to this forum, I see a lot of bods I know posting here.

To those who already know me, I apologise. Creating over-zealous moderators who all but destroyed SBMCC and caused me to leave that forum / club and inventing spurious reasons to close down the DIY forum has failed to get rid of me. Like the proverbial bad centime, I've turned up on here!!

To those poor souls who have managed to avoid me to date, I also apologise. The reasons will become clear as my postings progress. For instance, "apologise" is spelled with an "s", not the "z" that auto-speller insists. I have my views. Grudgingly, I also accept that one or two may not be entirely accurate.

My name is Chris and, with my wife Helen, I live just about slap bang in the centre of Brittany. We've been here for over twenty years and, before we retired, we ran a small gîte complex. Our project is an ageing Iveco Daily 35S12 xlwb which is vying for the place of being the longest time taken for a conversion ever. If John (fifth wheel) has made it over to here, then that will be the second longest time!

Although I shudder at the thought of moderators and vocabulary thought police (we didn't have 'em on DIY and, with one very short-lived exception, didn't need 'em), I'm looking forward to learning from you guys and offering my thoughts and experiences.

Hi Chris.
It’s nice to see your on here.
Looks like this is the place to be, it as friendly as the other place, just needs to attract a bit more footfall.
Hope you’re well.
Darren.

trevskoda

Forum Member
Hi chris i was roadrunner on diy but trevskoda on here,welcome along.
Im on from day one and hope apart from some light banter we do keep a lid on things here,im prob the biggest mouth as most know but never meaning any badness,this site should fly for self builders and keeping free of rubbish and nonsense is the best way forward,welcome aboard.

Millie Master

Forum Member
A long overdue hello from me as well Chris, it is honestly so very good to see you swelling the ever growing numbers of knowledgeable members.

I don't know if you are, but so far I can't recall many IVECO Daily convertees and I know you have been to hell and back undertaking your build.

All the best

Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)