Having finished the build.....it’s time for a smarten up of the outside.

Greggbear67

Forum Member
I like
So we’re planning on a 10 weekish trip starting in March,
The wife loves the van but she’s a bit of a snob! ( I’m glad she doesn’t read this ) insists we smarten her up. So I’v been looking at a re-spray. I’v had quotes from 3 to 5k, which shocked me really....
I had intended to use our local bus company when I originally started the build, but the helpful guy there, is no longer there.. and they don’t want to take it on now......

However I’v found a local guy who will do a partial respray for £1,500. I’v mocked up some designs. We’ve already chosen, but what would be your choice? View attachment 968View attachment 969View attachment 970View attachment 971View attachment 972View attachment 973View attachment 974View attachment 975View attachment 976View attachment 977
the first one mate. The Merc looks square & angular, don 't think wavy llines are a good look on such a square van. Love the conversion by the way.

tapfitter

Forum Member
Nice looking van, shame about the illegal number plates, the lettering/numbering are wrongly spaced. I am surprised it gets through the MOT like that,

Greggbear67

Forum Member
Well about the same spacing as all of my vehicles!

It is amazing how some know all people come on at times and quote things they don't know the first bloody thing about.

The spacing of letters and numbers are, and I quote "11mm between each of the characters and 33mm between the age identifier/memory tag etc."

So Darren my old cock sparrow your number plate is absolutely cock on!

Phil
Thought that was the case Phil, but didn't want to mix in without checking. Thought as long as the "04" bit wasn't split it would be ok. Small fault to find anyway on such a nice build.

tapfitter

Forum Member
Well about the same spacing as all of my vehicles!

It is amazing how some know all people come on at times and quote things they don't know the first bloody thing about.

The spacing of letters and numbers are, and I quote "11mm between each of the characters and 33mm between the age identifier/memory tag etc."

So Darren my old cock sparrow your number plate is absolutely cock on!

Phil

It must be my eyesight it should be

M (11mm gap) H (11mm gap) 0 (11mm gap) 4 (33mm gap) S (11mm gap U (11mm gap) N

To me it looks like there is a 33mm gap between the H and 0 and the 4 and S.

I'm not sure why some people have to be so rude, especially when they don't know who they are talking too.
I have done many years in the police force and wrongly spaced number plates is always a good reason to pull someone over and then find other issues such as drink driving, drugs knives etc.

Everyone thinks they know best.

What I think is amazing is how the most offensive person gets very apologetic when they are in the back of a police car heading to the custody centre!

tapfitter

Forum Member
I am sorry Darren your thread got a bit hijacked. Good luck with the repairs and happy travels in your van.

Debs

Forum Member
Looks really well, and now....to get on the road at last, can't beat it, Happy travels. (y)

Darcar

Forum Member
Well.... the number plate was made by a dvla registered company only making legal number plates. So guess it must be ok!

Anyway it passes the mot and we got it back from the painters 4 days before we left....

I’ve not had time to get on here as it’s been a complete rush to get loaded up and off...

But we’re now in Germany 🇩🇪 I’m staying at a free camp out side the Nurburgring watching an endurance race tonight.
Tomorrow we’re heading south through the romantischstrasse on our way to Croatia 🇭🇷.
Back at the end of May.
This is what all the building is about...... thanks guys and girls.
94953838-A3EE-4506-8912-BE3AB653462E.jpeg
B2788A2D-1AAC-46B8-BED6-82CECBFCE3C1.jpeg
94953838-A3EE-4506-8912-BE3AB653462E.jpeg
60FB3602-B90A-44D1-862D-A82B85D37E28.jpeg

Millie Master

Forum Member
Utterly brilliant Darren, it was a long time in the making and boy oh boy all 3 of you now can enjoy your ever so exacting labours.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy

Phil

GEOFF

Great stuff Darren, enjoy the fruits of your labour - I understand Croacia is really nice. Geoff.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)