Having finished the build.....it’s time for a smarten up of the outside.

Darcar

Forum Member
So we’re planning on a 10 weekish trip starting in March,
The wife loves the van but she’s a bit of a snob! ( I’m glad she doesn’t read this ) insists we smarten her up. So I’v been looking at a re-spray. I’v had quotes from 3 to 5k, which shocked me really....
I had intended to use our local bus company when I originally started the build, but the helpful guy there, is no longer there.. and they don’t want to take it on now......

However I’v found a local guy who will do a partial respray for £1,500. I’v mocked up some designs. We’ve already chosen, but what would be your choice?
DB157C08-45C3-42AF-922C-05A29F9EEF3F.jpeg
D11836D3-0194-4597-A60A-CD6FAAFBEC88.jpeg
D18FAC7C-943B-4F47-9B2F-4D97BFE0A172.jpeg
19599BFE-ABA8-4E74-A9B2-F937241904CA.jpeg
0763C371-FA41-4612-B76E-8DBD23FBDBCA.jpeg
50F492FC-805E-4E9A-A7ED-FA3F1E501A74.jpeg
B2C09A6C-F4FF-459C-A23F-C8F8224CF267.jpeg
20921AC5-8148-4A0A-A26B-2C0FB1FCC57E.jpeg
8BDC4AE5-03A3-43CB-802A-3D1176D91953.jpeg
72B6E533-DC36-4A1F-9855-9663F1F3D660.jpeg

Millie Master

Forum Member
Darren me old cock sparra.................. have you thought of having it partially vinyl wrapped?

And with regards to your suggested designs I would go for the last one, immediately above, but also continuing the colour scheme up and onto the roof which if going with vinyl would be a doddle.

Phil

Deleted member 4404

I agree with Phil, I prefer the last one, but it's a personal choice for you and management to make. Whichever you choose let's see a pic of the finished job please?:)

Darcar

Forum Member
Darren me old cock sparra.................. have you thought of having it partially vinyl wrapped?

And with regards to your suggested designs I would go for the last one, immediately above, but also continuing the colour scheme up and onto the roof which if going with vinyl would be a doddle.

Phil

I did think about wrapping the lower part, but it’s got quite a few rusty spots that need some work before painting, ( after all it’s an old Mercedes ) so these would have to be done and painted before wrapping! So it’s easier to have it painted by the same guys who do the body work.

By the way we’ve chosen the 3rd one down. Or Liz has...

Darcar

Forum Member
I agree with Phil, I prefer the last one, but it's a personal choice for you and management to make. Whichever you choose let's see a pic of the finished job please?:)

Yeah of course we will post some pictures when finished. It’s going in tomorrow and will be with them for a couple of weeks!
Darcar.

Darcar

Forum Member
Has Liz retired now Darren, I only ask as you are in the process of planning some lengthy European adventures?
Phil

No not really....... we’ve taken a 3 month break, but we’re both back for our busy summer season!
Which isn’t to bad, as neither of us like touring during the summer holidays.
Darren.

LibertyHall

Forum Member
Bit late now Darren however I’d have to agree with your good lady the third one too. The reason I don’t like right angles however curves;)
Hope all goes well with the work
Ken

wildebus

Forum Member
I like #1 best of the set, but as you are asking, I would be more inclined to go straight two-tone. A kind of nod to the iconic original VW Campervan. And maybe following that pronounced Swage Line up the Front Wing and then across the body.

As you have said, a wrap requires a very good base to go on to.

Darcar

Forum Member
I like #1 best of the set, but as you are asking, I would be more inclined to go straight two-tone. A kind of nod to the iconic original VW Campervan. And maybe following that pronounced Swage Line up the Front Wing and then across the body.

As you have said, a wrap requires a very good base to go on to.

The reason that the rear is being totally painted is because of all the work on the rear we did.
These pictures are asis today.
B52B5074-7362-402A-95C1-8287206C98FC.jpeg
56B8AEDA-24C8-4328-95FB-DA0228E4DCD1.jpeg
FC67CCC9-4F38-4F7C-92F3-ACA4DD6D8E62.jpeg

Silver sprinter

Forum Member
While helping my mates son in a conversation he was saying he wants graphics and he knew what he wanted, I said to ask the guy that was doing it for some help, and boy, he was glad he did, came up with six designs in 10 min, and thay were all miles better than he could come up with, so maybe a we input from the painter might give you some ideas, keep us posted

Debs

Forum Member
I like the first design, but it's your van, your choice. Are you using a royal blue something like the Ford blue, that will sit so well with the silver. Looking forward to seeing the final result. (y)

Darcar

Forum Member
I like the first design, but it's your van, your choice. Are you using a royal blue something like the Ford blue, that will sit so well with the silver. Looking forward to seeing the final result. (y)

Hemmm I don’t actually know what blue Liz had chosen! She went in and picked it! So I’m as excited as you to see it!
As soon as it’s back I’ll take plenty of pictures and of corse post them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)