Has Anyone seen These Lights Before ?

RAW

Forum Member
So the New Old Talbot has these Odd lights fitted which say 12V Max 10W
20190408_174928.jpg
In total there are 6 around the Van interior, which makes it quite well lit from the Leisure Battery
There is also one of these, which I am wondering does it work both on 12V and 240V somehow ?
20190408_201036.jpg
I have asked on the Talbot Facebook Group and they seem a bit stumped as to what the round ones are
I can take them apart and they unscrew like this
20190409_071324.jpg
Aside from that there is nothing noticeable in terms of manufacturer details or the ability to replace a bulb should they go. They look like sealed Units.
I cannot find a way to get inside.
I am thinking of swapping them all out for some different LED lights which would, i feel, use less power from the battery
Thoughts ? Should I bother as all 6 lamps presently work ?
Any ideas what sort of lamps these are?
Any ideas whether I would save a lot of power replacing 6 of 12v by Max 10Amp lights and the strip light with some LED lights, yet to be discovered ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Millie Master

Forum Member
Sorry to say that they look like cheap, low rent lights, however all is not lost as you can very easily upgrade all if them to very efficient LED units that won't cost much and will vastly improve / reduce the 12V power consumption of your outfit.

Phil

wildebus

Forum Member
I like these lights ....
IMG_20181005_113556 by David, on Flickr
2.5W per light at full brilliance (and they are Bright!) but dimmable and only about 5mm deep.

There are some very nice aluminum extruded housings for the LED Strip lights on a roll. they can be very cost effective.

RAW

Forum Member
If they are warm white, not bright hospital variation, then might be a go. Thanks. Do you have a link to buy, look at Spec?
Thanks Phil

wildebus

Forum Member
Ref the Disc Lights (aka Puck Lights), there are lots of these kind of lights around, obviously of varying quality - this is one complete set as an example on Amazon - https://amzn.to/2D7pPbV.
If you scroll down after clicking that link you will see masses more listed as complete kits.

The ones I put in the earlier message are ones I get in as part of my design sets. I sell myself and I sell them as "build your own" kits, so you can chose what bits you need and don't have to pay for the bits you don't want.
If you are after individual replacement lights, I do them for £3 each for light plus connecting cable (around 500mm long or so). There are the multiway lighting connector blocks and Dimmer controls available as well of course.
I was trying to find the link I had cross-referencing the lights with the temp chart but can't find it. I would say when at around 50% or so they would be a cool white if I recall. The light is definately white rather than a yellow. I think just about all these lights are the same kind of white (I do know the people who have got these from me have all been happy - a very brief quote from a customer ... "LED Arrived they are very good for the money thank you")

Last edited:

Bouydog

Forum Member
Ref the Disc Lights (aka Puck Lights), there are lots of these kind of lights around, obviously of varying quality - this is one complete set as an example on Amazon - https://amzn.to/2D7pPbV.
If you scroll down after clicking that link you will see masses more listed as complete kits.

The ones I put in the earlier message are ones I get in as part of my design sets. I sell myself and I sell them as "build your own" kits, so you can chose what bits you need and don't have to pay for the bits you don't want.
If you are after individual replacement lights, I do them for £3 each for light plus connecting cable (around 500mm long or so). There are the multiway lighting connector blocks and Dimmer controls available as well of course.
I was trying to find the link I had cross-referencing the lights with the temp chart but can't find it. I would say when at around 50% or so they would be a cool white if I recall. The light is definately white rather than a yellow. I think just about all these lights are the same kind of white (I do know the people who have got these from me have all been happy - a very brief quote from a customer ... "LED Arrived they are very good for the money thank you")
Are the lights you sell just for 12v or will they take 24v.

RAW

Forum Member
@wildebus - The lights you pictured on the Jiffy bag, if they are the same as the ones in the Amazon link, could you tell me the external diameter please ?
Thanks
Robert

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)