Gas connections!

RogueCamper

Yes thats a matter of personal choice but regulators aren,t any more expensive than pigtails and bulkhead regs are costly and there have been reports of problems with them

Really, I'd not heard, what kind of problems?
they do cost a lot more than normal regulators, I was happy in my old van with a regulator attached to the bottle then via rubber hose to the copper.
I just read so much about it being the standard since 2003 to do it the other way(with a Bulk. Reg.)
Also was thinking I might shell out for a gas-it bottle in the future then I will need the bulkhead Regulator.
Also I will have to buy
-a rubber hose to 8mm copper connector,
-another connector with a test point,
-and a gas shut off valve,
Whereas he bulkhead Regulator has all these built in

RogueCamper

Sorted

Anyway thanks guys for the info and suggestions, I got all the bits sorted! Gotta just put them together.
Still find it strange that the really cheap connectors that are on the BES site are just in the general compression fittings section and at screwfix are in the water plumbing section!
Both say they are up to the BS1254-2 but the Wade specialized gas connectors that cost 5times the price do not!!??
Anyway I went with the ones that adhere to the standard set in the BS1949.(I did get a copy by the way cans read the whole thing)

Thanks again Happy Camping!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)