EBAY Find - EX Library Van

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I would if I had the:
  • Money
  • Time
  • Space to do it
At some point Murky will be up for sale if you fancy something that size, but you'd need to see it in the flesh. Even though I've not had any problems that have ruined a trip, there are odds and sods. As it looks impossible to get the new build usable for next year, I'm now addressing some of those niggles. Just feels uncomfortable throwing £100's at it when you planning on selling it.

RAW

Forum Member
At some point Murky will be up for sale if you fancy something that size, but you'd need to see it in the flesh. Even though I've not had any problems that have ruined a trip, there are odds and sods. As it looks impossible to get the new build usable for next year, I'm now addressing some of those niggles. Just feels uncomfortable throwing £100's at it when you planning on selling it.
Maybe, on the look out for something bigger than Sylvia with a fixed bed
A couple of photos would help in the interim, where are you (Murky) based ?

Cheers
Robert

wildebus

Forum Member
I know it is not a logical way to decide when getting a practical vehicle, but some of the 'faces' on the library buses are quite off-putting :( . having said that, there are other vehicles that don't look any prettier, but at the same time, look 'right'.
can't put my finger on it :unsure:

Greggbear67

Forum Member
Well I like it! Its so ugly its cute... Reckon a library would be a good base, lot of work already done, but my ideal conversion is probably a little more unconventional than most folk....😉

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
A couple of photos would help in the interim, where are you (Murky) based ?

We have a bit more paint on it now, we plan on finishing it before selling it.
Schipkau-20160512-00131.jpg

Reactions: RAW

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
@SquirrellCook - Is Murky over 3.5 Tonne Limit, looks like and what is it Mercedes Diesel ? Engine ?
Sorry didn't even tell you where I reside, Not far from Doncaster and I'm lucky to be above water level.
It's an ex local authority ambulance. LHE bodied 811D Mercedes Chassis. so yes over 3.5 tonne
The engine is 3.9 litre turbocharged diesel

RAW

Forum Member
Ah yes, fair enough - not a million miles away from me. Missus would need to do another license to drive it. Looks good though. Would be interested when you are ready to sell and why are you selling ?

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
why are you selling ?
Some where in here is our Violating a Princess post. Plaxton Cheetah conversion. Just fancied doing something different. Anita did say I could buy a new Chassis bulkhead and we'd build the rest until she saw the Mercedes prices. Next was to buy a nearly new coach, but before we did we purchased the plaxton. Ever horror we've found seems to exist in the new ones too, so a least we never paid silly money for it.

RAW

Forum Member
Found it

So you have two large vehicles, that would explain it. Do you live on a Farm ?

trevskoda

Forum Member
The daf give trouble ,better with the man or merc base,but you will have to rip every thing out and start from scratch,ie led lighting ,new wall linning carpet etc,factor in 2 to 2.5 grand to sort.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)