Easy shower compartment

Darcar

Forum Member
It would mean that you’d have to build your conversion around it!
I like a shower but it’s not the most important to us.

groyne

I had a circular shower cubicle from a caravan in my first conversion. It was a bugger to fit and took up too much space because van sides aren't straight. It was a good shower though. This time round I used wet wall T&G and fitted it to the curve of the van side. About the same size shower and no wasted space.

Darcar

Forum Member
We did something similar, I build the shower and toilet all in one room then fibreglass the floor as a wet room.
It can be any size or shape you want.
Darcar

wildebus

Forum Member
it looks handy, but I can't see it being that useful in a Panel Van Conversion TBH as there will be to much wasted space at the bottom for it to be able to clear the side at the top.

Deleted member 951

Yes, I measured up in my van and if we had lined it up straight allowing for the sides curving in, it would have been almost touching the galley opposite!

It would really suit somebody fitting out a box van with nice square sides.

wildebus

Forum Member
Yes, I measured up in my van and if we had lined it up straight allowing for the sides curving in, it would have been almost touching the galley opposite!

It would really suit somebody fitting out a box van with nice square sides.
And for which it would be super :) ( I was coming home from Glasgow this evening and in the traffic queue there was a Crafter with a luton box body and taillift - and I was working out how a layout would work, keeping the taillift as a rear patio/deck :) )

trevskoda

Forum Member
In my old Boxer I had a hoola hoop hung on the ceiling with shower curtains attached I had a child’s paddling pool that I inflated and a 12v drop in pump and shower head it all packed away in a small container when not in use.
Thank heavens you never had a blowout,we may have all been blinded by the sight.:love:

Frayer

Maybe someone knows:
is there some internet store in Europe (or Ebay Europe) which sells such all-in-one (one piece polyester) shower cabins like this?
The import from US would be too complicated and expensive: https://thd.co/2XRoLEN

Side view.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)