Ducato, Relay, Boxer - Owt to choose between em?

linkshouse

Forum Member
In my earlier thread on plotting and scheming I based my plans on Boxer dimensions.

Given that all three of the above use the same basic van (Sevel?), is there anything to choose between them?

I’m sure this will be largely personal opinion but I would appreciate any views that readers might have.

Thanks

Phill

Millie Master

Forum Member
In my earlier thread on plotting and scheming I based my plans on Boxer dimensions.

Given that all three of the above use the same basic van (Sevel?), is there anything to choose between them?

I’m sure this will be largely personal opinion but I would appreciate any views that readers might have.

Thanks

Phill

Structurally Phill they are all identical with their construction becoming fully galvanised from 2007 onwards, however the FIAT versions can have some mechanical differences such as the engines used, however when it comes down to all the other mechanical components I believe they are identical.

Some say that the Fiat Ducato Maxi 6cyl. 3 ltr. is the best of all the engines ever offered and has masses of power, however it is a tad thirsty.

Here I quote Autoexpress from 2018 when considering the Fiat Ducato engines offered:
Today's Ducato range is powered by a line-up of Fiat's Euro 6 Multijet II common-rail diesel engines. The previous 2.3-litre and 3.0-litre units have been replaced by a downsized 2.0-litre offering 115hp and 2.3-litre engines packing 130hp, 150hp and 177hp.21 Sep 2018

I believe the Peugeot/Citroen engines 4 cylinder engines have always been the PSA Group HDi that they share(d) with some Fords and Land Rovers, but here again I copy something from Autoexpress and when you read Peugeot the very same goes for the Citroen version:-

Peugeot has dropped the previous generation 2.2-litre diesel engines from Boxer, replacing them with downsized 2.0-litre BlueHDi motors offering 110hp, 130hp and a range-topping 160hp. Both the 130hp and 160hp engines can be specified with Stop/Start. You can still get the 3.0-litre diesel, but only in the L4 H3 body style and with a gross vehicle weight of 4,005kg, which means you need a Class C1 licence to drive one.

I hope this helps.
Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)