Deep Red

GEOFF

So sorry to hear that. Deep Red was a super conversion, very well documented and I am sure the Ian inspired many self builders, and will continue to do so. R.I.P. Ian, and condolences to family and friends. Geoff.

wildebus

Forum Member
He had some super info on there and was a great help to many self-builders I am sure. When I was doing my first build, his clear post on making the slatted pull-out bed frame was very useful.

I hope the website stays up as a tribute to his work. I am sure it will continue to help others for many more years.

Steven

That’s sad news,there’s some very good stuff on Ian’s site too

Stephen.

RAW

Forum Member
First I have heard of Ian, but looks like he knew his stuff and made a nice van
Go well Ian

Millie Master

Forum Member
One of the very great inspirations of my build was the amazingly and generally mind boggling capabilities of Ian when he decided to take on the Deep Red build.

I was so totally captivated by his capabilities that I printed off several hard copy paper copies of the build that I used during the build of my 'Millie'!

Throughout my many years of reading and following build conversions of panel vans "Deep Red" has to be, for me, the absolute pinnacle of excellence and for that Ian was an amazing star.

Phil

Squiffy

Forum Member
Very sad to hear, I had a fair bit of email contact with Ian 4 or 5 years ago, he was always very helpful with his suggestions and ideas, a great loss to the self build community. Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)