Charging batteries ?

My van setup has engine battery and twin leisure batteries in the back all connected & charged by the alternator when engine is running and by the solar panel when parked up . . . But there Doesn't seem to be method of recharging the batteries via 240v when on hook up,this is the Sterling B 2 B unit - should I open it up and add wires from the 240v hook up into the Sterling unit or carry a separate small 240v to 12v battery charger ?

Attachments

groyne

I don't think the Sterling is designed for 240v use, as you say, it's battery to battery, so connecting it to the mains doesn't seem like a good idea. My 240v system is very basic, just a fusebox and 2 sockets, one for the Truma Combi, and one to plug in a CTEX MSX25 battery charger for the batteries if I ever need to use hookup.

WP_20170910_007.jpg

We used the Ctek MXS 25 which was hard wired to the leisure battery’s. In the two years we’ve had it we’ve only used it once!

Lidl are doing a 5 stage charger for sort of £15,two will work back to back charging all batterys ie,van start and service batterys.

If i
Lidl are doing a 5 stage charger for sort of £15,two will work back to back charging all batterys ie,van start and service batterys.
IF its like the last one I bought.... Its not auto start (ie you have to push a button after powering it up)

Might be worth checking IF that's important to you.

If i

IF its like the last one I bought.... Its not auto start (ie you have to push a button after powering it up)

Might be worth checking IF that's important to you.
If you dont mind spending then numax chargers on the bay at £50 use a 5ah for engine and a 10 or 20ah for service batts.

There are some ones from china on the bay which look like numax at much less dosh. bat charger.png