Build log - 2018 Boxer L3H2

wildebus

Forum Member
Looking very smart.
How deep is the shower room? it looks pretty roomy AND doesn't seem to encroached too much into the van middle either - a very clever trick!

Wissel

Forum Member
Looking very smart.
How deep is the shower room? it looks pretty roomy AND doesn't seem to encroached too much into the van middle either - a very clever trick!

Thanks.

The shower tray is 670 x 670, then there will be a shallow unit (about 100-120ish deep) between it and the wall (at waist height). This will have the sink on top, so it gives loads of roof at shoulder height. Does make a nice size bathroom. It's the same in our own van.

Deleted member 4404

Useful video - thanks. Great to be able to hire the ramp (y)

LibertyHall

Forum Member
David hope your having success in finding your new van? In the meantime all the best with this project and yours once it comes along

Wissel

Forum Member
David hope your having success in finding your new van? In the meantime all the best with this project and yours once it comes along

Thanks. Looking like trying to fit a remanufactured engine in our van now. Be a lot easier is someone who had more of a clue could help me though (useless as mechanics). Hoping to find someone that knows more than me (like everyone lol) who wants a hand with their van. Hoping....
Anyway - next video:

LibertyHall

Forum Member
We’ve had an awful lot of parts replaced and had help from the Fiat ducato forum. Perhaps you could do likewise with Citroen

Wissel

Forum Member
very nice work. interested to know what ply you are using there?

it's the Moreland stuff. It's not bad tbh, easy to cut but not great to drill (I'm likely being picky :) ).

Does make life easy though. Feel like I'm cheating 😀

Millie Master

Forum Member
Although it is very nice and beautifully made, what I can't understand is why someone who goes to these lengths and costs carrying out a conversion doesn't go for the best type of insulation, namely spray foam?

GEOFF

Interesting vid - thanks for posting. What are those lovely moulded side wall panels, are they available to buy. If they are do they also fit the 250? Geoff.

Wissel

Forum Member
Although it is very nice and beautifully made, what I can't understand is why someone who goes to these lengths and costs carrying out a conversion doesn't go for the best type of insulation, namely spray foam?

I'd say that's debatable tbh. There are definite advantages to both spray foam and Kingspan type stuff IMO.

Interesting vid - thanks for posting. What are those lovely moulded side wall panels, are they available to buy. If they are do they also fit the 250? Geoff.

They are made by a company called Solway:
https://solwaycamperconversions.co.uk/shop

They do make the job easy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)