Blending in.

groyne

Cozz has a dark green van, mine's bright yellow, councils often cite motorhomes (big ugly white boxes) being an eyesore as a reason to ban us. As I'm on the lookout for a new van, I'm wondering what colour is easiest on the eye, or will blend in best for town, seaside and countryside locations.

Or should I just put a Yodel logo on it and park where I want.:lol-053:

mistericeman

Forum Member
Cozz has a dark green van, mine's bright yellow, councils often cite motorhomes (big ugly white boxes) being an eyesore as a reason to ban us. As I'm on the lookout for a new van, I'm wondering what colour is easiest on the eye, or will blend in best for town, seaside and countryside locations.

Or should I just put a Yodel logo on it and park where I want.:lol-053:

Not as daft as it sounds ....

think about it plain unmarked van parked up somewhere out of the way not looking like a camper "Stealth" like .....someone sees it and wonders what it's possibly up to ...

Van marked up like a united utilities/gas etc they probably wouldnt blink an eye thinking youre either skiving OR waiting to do some work etc,

perfect lol

Debs

Forum Member
My van is red, very red, but other campers never seem to see me, so I presume most people just see a commercial van, which suits me just fine.

hextal

Ours is bright blue, which actually blends in to wild scenery much better than the white ones.

Though it can be a bugger at dawn, dusk and night as, even with moonlight etc, it totally disappears from view, whereas at least with the white ones you can still make them out.

groyne

I might have to find some big red letters and turn mine into a GHL van, it's an ex DHL. Apart from a few, who are intrigued by a selfbuild, most people ignore us as well when we are on Aires and sites. My wife fancies blue for the next van.

GreggBear

Not as daft as it sounds ....

think about it plain unmarked van parked up somewhere out of the way not looking like a camper "Stealth" like .....someone sees it and wonders what it's possibly up to ...

Van marked up like a united utilities/gas etc they probably wouldnt blink an eye thinking youre either skiving OR waiting to do some work etc,

perfect lol

Only problem I can see is getting it reclassified as a motor caravan with "BRITISH GAS" or "YORKSHIRE WATER" painted on the side!:rolleyes2::sad::idea:
Other than that, top idea!:cheers::camper::goodluck::cool1::drive:

GreggBear

My van is red, very red, but other campers never seem to see me, so I presume most people just see a commercial van, which suits me just fine.

My ambulance is post office red. Was thinking of a colour change when the conversion's done, but everytime I look at it, I like it a bit more!

yorkieowl

Why not go with a vehicle magnetic sign, you can remove it when not needed. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)