Battery

Phill

Good morning can anyone help. I recently bought a welfare van x British rail. I has all the xtra fittings. Microwave water boiler eg. When I try to use the microwave it doesn’t work but the interior lights that work of the unit are very dim. Would the leisure battery’s be no good anymore as they don’t seem to be charging enough for the microwave. Any help grateful received. Phill

linkshouse

Forum Member
If that van has been standing about out of use for any length of time the leisure battery is almost sure to be tatered.

Phill

Phill

If that van has been standing about out of use for any length of time the leisure battery is almost sure to be tatered.

Phill
Hi. Thanks as I am sort of new to this. I did have a look and it says that if they have been used a lot that could also be the problem. So as the battery’s have a little bit of life enough for the lights but not the microwave. Would you say that’s the problem and is there anyway of checking if that’s the case. Many thanks phill

linkshouse

Forum Member
It's not a definitive test by any means but, check the battery voltage with the engine running, and then straight stopping the engine, then say an hour or so later without using anything electrical (not even the lights) and see what the voltage is.

Phill

It's not a definitive test by any means but, check the battery voltage with the engine running, and then straight stopping the engine, then say an hour or so later without using anything electrical (not even the lights) and see what the voltage is.

Phill

Hi ok awesome thanks I will try that this evening when I get home. Many thanks for your help

trevskoda

Forum Member
M/waves will almost kill even a good battery,is you m/wave a internal inverter taking 12v up to 230v or is it outside the box and van mounted,any way to run one you will require around 220 to 240ah batterys ,one monster or best to have 2 sep ones,you will also require 200w of solar to top them up in summer or start and run engine/or genny.

Phill

M/waves will almost kill even a good battery,is you m/wave a internal inverter taking 12v up to 230v or is it outside the box and van mounted,any way to run one you will require around 220 to 240ah batterys ,one monster or best to have 2 sep ones,you will also require 200w of solar to top them up in summer or start and run engine/or genny.

Phill

Hi. Thanks for that. The microwave is fitted from new when the railway van was made. I will check what power the battery’s have in them when I get home hopefully that will tell me something. And I believe it has 2 batteries

Phill

Also the slave battery’s are charged when the van is running. So I have read. Thanks again Any more advice greatly received. Phill

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)