Advice - Erbespatcher Heater D2

GEOFF

Yes that is a water heater not air heater, I have one under passenger headlight. It can preheat the engine if it is wired todo so otherwise it reduces the time the engine takes to warm up. Mine has a heat exchanger and blower set up in the rear of the van so I can heat van while engine is running. The water heaters usually only work when the engine is running/ignition turned on but can be wired to work independently

My Ducato has a Webasto 5kw water heater wired as engine running. I have been on to both Fiat and Webasto, but cannot get any info about how to re wire it as a night heater. Any help if anyone knows would be very helpful. Thanks. Geoff.

wildebus

Forum Member
My Ducato has a Webasto 5kw water heater wired as engine running. I have been on to both Fiat and Webasto, but cannot get any info about how to re wire it as a night heater. Any help if anyone knows would be very helpful. Thanks. Geoff.
I would imagine Webasto make a fairly standard engine-preheater in terms of what is fitted to different makes of vehicle? On that basis, this thread about that very topic may help with some pointers ...... https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1714319

Nabsim

Forum Member
There is info on the USA Sprinter forums about it, thought I had worked out what I needed to do but as I went through the (very long) thread I git confused. Trek has done this though more than once, not sure if he comes on here but is on the other two forums.

edit: just looked and this may be easier to follow than the others I read https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80186&highlight=Pre+heater

2nd edit: sorry just noticed you say Webasto, not sure how different that would be

Last edited:

Nabsim

Forum Member
If you decide to give up with it and remove it, worth noting that old Eberspacher heaters are worth money in second-hand parts (talking £100+ easily usually). Something to bear in mind before removing just to throw away
the D5 water heaters were on eBay for upwards of £250 earlier this year

Lord Lucan

May remove it and purchase a Chinese diesel heater... I dont really need an engine pre-heater, just a space heater.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)