AC Fridge In Campervan -.Power Consumption Test

I would expect a 12/1200 would be ok :)
My Fridge is a right devil, so the Peak wattage I saw when I had a meter directly on the inverter was 666W :devilish:

The video above also captures the "buzz" when the Fridge starts and the inverter overloads.

I wonder if the compressors do loosen up, amazingly even on eco it has not stalled anything like as much as it was initially whilst connected to my small Victron and even under my carport the solar panels are replenishing the batteries every day.

So far so good other than than damn buzz!

I wonder if the compressors do loosen up, amazingly even on eco it has not stalled anything like as much as it was initially whilst connected to my small Victron and even under my carport the solar panels are replenishing the batteries every day.

So far so good other than than damn buzz!
I reckon initially they are 'tighter'. I don't know if it is the same kind of thing but in the olden days (circa late 1980's) the first miniaturised computer hard drives (talking 5.25" and 3.5") used to suffer from stiction and needed a jolt to get spinning from stationary and they tended to be ok later on (We used to build the small 20MB jobbies Alan Sugar used in the Amstrad 1640 PCs)

I used to have my 12/500 Inverter in the electrics area that was under the bed (not in a compartment, but just under the mattress) and it did do the jolt/buzz each time the fridge started but I didn't really notice it and it didn't wake me up (or stop me getting to sleep). However the Weaco CRX-50 12V Compressor Fridge in another camper I had I used to notice much more when that kicked on with the little shake the fridge did.
One difference was the 12V fridge was bolted to the cupboard that was bolted to the low base cupboards that made the bed base - so there was a direct physical transmission route, whereas in my current camper with the 240V fridge the bed and inverter have no direct connection. Would damping the inverter mount make a difference to how much you noticed it maybe?

I'm currently working out a setup for a small camper using the 45L Inventer Fridge and trying to decide whether to go for the 800VA or 1200VA version within the Multiplus range. 1200VA would eliminate the buzz for sure but is an extra £200 (that extra does include a more powerful mains charger though)

Ah mains chargers bring something else the equation my Ambulance came with 2 Votronic 30A duo chargers (yep it originally had five batteries and four different 12v systems) these on face value are brilliant, highly configurable, rugged etc designed for permanent use everyday etc but....

They are dreadfully inefficient, when not actually charging anything they draw about 25 to 30w constantly I have kept one of them for use on mains hookup when away but at home I use my Ctek instead which only draws 3w at idle.

Ah mains chargers bring something else the equation my Ambulance came with 2 Votronic 30A duo chargers (yep it originally had five batteries and four different 12v systems) these on face value are brilliant, highly configurable, rugged etc designed for permanent use everyday etc but....

They are dreadfully inefficient, when not actually charging anything they draw about 25 to 30w constantly I have kept one of them for use on mains hookup when away but at home I use my Ctek instead which only draws 3w at idle.
I guess to a degree that inefficiency does not matter too much when the cost per kW is what 15p or so? I wonder if you might actually be better off with the CTEK when away on site hookup in case you have to pay OTT rates per kilowatt?