950 Watt Heater Tripping Edecoa 1500 W / 3000 W Peak

RAW

Forum Member
Good Day Electrical Guru's

I have this heater which I bought as an emergency use for the Van in very cold conditions
20190916_124142.jpg

So it is rated 950 W and the Edecoa Inverter is this one
Edecoa

The batteries are one of these www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/leoch-160ah-agm-leisure-battery/ and a 70AH one so in total should be 230AH when fully charged which they are when testing.

Why does the heater unit run for a few seconds and then trip the Edecoa with the three beeps sound ??

TIA
Robert

wildebus

Forum Member
What is the Input DC Voltage into the Inverter when the inverter does the beeps? I suspect it is below the minimum voltage allowed?
Including the Inverter conversion overhead, you could be drawing close to 100A with that heater and that will cause a definate voltage sag.
What size cables are you using from Battery to Inverter? I think the EDECOA 1500W Inverter comes with a pair of 25mm2 cables which is not bad actually but using heavier never hurts! (on my 2500W inverter I am using 70mm2 cable)

TBH an electric heater is a handy thing to carry around, but only for when on hookup - Electric Heating off batteries really is a bit of a pipedream :(

RAW

Forum Member
Not sure on the Input DC Voltage into the Inverter when the inverter does the beeps, cannot see the inverter screen due to where it is positioned.
Could use a camera I guess.
Size of cables is the ones supplied with inverter I think.
TBH an electric heater is a handy thing to carry around, but only for when on hookup - The idea is kind of to try and have a backup for the Gas in emergency situations. However, I also have a 12V heater, cheap Chinese thing, so am going to try that instead...will update this thread with that or create a new thread.
Thanks @wildebus :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)