8mm or 10mm gas pipework

Chris Evans001

Forum Member
So I'm looking to purchase a clesse regulator for our Gaslow system in our self build.

There seems to be an option of regulator for either 8 or 10mm copper pipework.

Which should I go for... Are more fittings available for one or the other? Costs?

Is different pipework diameters easier to work with?

Would more gas be able to be supplied at once with 10mm pipework?

Would I then need to reduce 10mm pipework back down to 8mm for a spinflo cooker?

Lots to think about!

What do most people use?

Cheers in advance

Chris

Millie Master

Forum Member
I used flexible 8mm pipe as it is so easy to work with.

In my installation I have 8 mm going to the manifold and then 8 mm off to each of the appliances and at times that sees us using the hob, the grill, the water heater and room heater all at the same time and have never experienced any problems.

Phil

LibertyHall

Forum Member
Morning Chris
8mm cooper all the way here, we used covered pipe from the under slung tank to the manifold. Also don’t forget to put gas drop outs by each joint just in case!!
Enjoy build experience

Chris Evans001

Forum Member
Great news... Thanks both of you. 8mm it is then.

Covered pipe? Is that an autocorrect for copper pipe or is it copper with an outer coating?

Flexible piping? Is that just standard 8mm copper? Can I bend a loose 90deg radius with this or is best to use an elbow?

Millie Master

Forum Member
Great news... Thanks both of you. 8mm it is then.

Covered pipe? Is that an autocorrect for copper pipe or is it copper with an outer coating?

Flexible piping? Is that just standard 8mm copper? Can I bend a loose 90deg radius with this or is best to use an elbow?

I bought my 8mm in a loose coil and it was sold as being "flexible".

I used very careful fingers and thumbs to bend mine and was able to produce some very gentle 90deg bends, however if you want any sharp bends I would always use an elbow, about which, some suggest you are better using a compression joints rather than souldered as they allow a certain amount of flex.

Phil

Deleted member 4404

8mm soft copper, and a cheap bender is all you need for good bends. Try and avoid joints if possible

LibertyHall

Forum Member
Evening Chris yes it’s copper pipe with an outer coating to protect from road debris. Got ours from Gas it

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)