24v system

karakachan

Thanks to all who contributed to my post...most grateful for the advice and opinions.

Darcar

Forum Member
View attachment 59750
We fitted a ring one in our Vario 814. Been very good.
Red flash 35amp b to b 24 v from engine drop down to 12 v for the leisure batteries. Only kicks in when the starting batteries reach 26 volts, so keeps the starting batteries topped up before charging the leisure batteries.
Hope this helps Darcar.

Last edited:

karakachan

Thanks for that,just cannot find a link to anywhere that sells them.I can find pictures and pdf's...dmstech show a pdf but their site comes up as an error when searched.
Where did you aquire yours from?
Cheers

Steve121

i use a durite 24v to 12v battery charger. or split charger . bought it at lucas years ago. lots mates with truck campers use the same . seems to work a treat.

I also use a Durite 24>12 electronic B2B and it's been working fine for almost 5 years now. You get what you pay for.... (£120 brand new on ebay)

karakachan

Hi

Yes found the Durite on ebay.How inflation works £245 now....I also have read about a few people who has this unit,good reviews....think it's gonna be between the Durite and the the Sterling BBW2412-20A..............same rating,also has good reviews,and waterproof as it's used by a lot of people for boats.
May I ask what size habitation battery bank it charges in your in your campers/motorhomes.
Cheers

vwalan

Hi

Yes found the Durite on ebay.How inflation works £245 now....I also have read about a few people who has this unit,good reviews....think it's gonna be between the Durite and the the Sterling BBW2412-20A..............same rating,also has good reviews,and waterproof as it's used by a lot of people for boats.
May I ask what size habitation battery bank it charges in your in your campers/motorhomes.
Cheers

in my set up the durite 24v to 12v charges a 110amp battery all the time . thats fitted under the rear seat in the truck.
then when i hook the trailer i use a thick posative lead from that battery to a bank of about 450amp batteries in the trailer.
it gets the earth negative through the fifth wheel conection.
been using this for 10 years now .
before the ve lt that pulled the trailer was 12v so i just ran a similar lead from the 12v vw lt battery.
i also have 6x80wt solars on the trailer.
the 12v battery in the truck is ideal for emergency jump starting of other vehicles that are 12v . plus i can run 12v radio etc off it .
durite seems a quality item that seems to work well.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)