12 Volt Heating

Squiffy

Forum Member
Yes Robert, the gasit systems work in exactly the same way as safefill other than the cylinders are made of steel similar gauge as calor gas bottles, but still have the 80% fill stop valve, including the slow blow over heat valve and complete shut down valve if you have the hose knocked off accidentally i.e if the outlet or inlet suddenly gives way a valve will automatically shut off the gas flow. Phil

Squiffy

Forum Member
It may be of interest to those with refillable lpg systems to know that Shell filling stations in the UK are moving out of auto gas supply, the removal of pumps and tanks is underway.
I think I'm fair in saying that Shell have never been big on LPG, they have always been few and far between, but thanks for the heads up anyway, but in the long run I'm not sure its going to effect many of us with refillables
Unless Shell happen to be the only one in your area. Phil 🤔

P.s I suppose I should say that Shell as a company supply most of the independent Petrol stations with LPG so why they are stopping selling themselves is a mystery.

Last edited:

wildebus

Forum Member
Holy Smokes Phil,
Nearly £600 !! https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/323408522538
OR perhaps this would be good as an alternative, do you happen to know anything about GasIt systems, please ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gas-It-6...syfit-Internal-Fill-Point-System/264050325166

Thanks again
Robert
It is these kind of daft prices that make using much cheaper electrical products, backed up by a decent electrical storage much more viable.

£600 for a pair of refillable gas bottles? I paid £500 for 635Ah of AGM batteries.
Use them to run a £20 Induction Hob (rather than a £200 gas hob) and a £170 Electric Fridge (rather than a £1000 3-way gas fridge).
And when it is not doing the above, I have power for Electric Hot Water, TV, Laptop power, etc, etc.

But then my van is not modern, unlike those which are running about with gas bottles in them.

Bouydog

Forum Member
I think I'm fair in saying that Shell have never been big on LPG, they have always been few and far between, but thanks for the heads up anyway, but in the long run I'm not sure its going to effect many of us with refillables
Unless Shell happen to be the only one in your area. Phil 🤔

P.s I suppose I should say that Shell as a company supply most of the independent Petrol stations with LPG so why they are stopping selling themselves is a mystery.

Ironically Calor supplied the majority of the Shell fuel stations even though Shell have a customer base of their own that are serviced by Shell gas tankers.
Strange but true.

Reactions: RAW

Squiffy

Forum Member
It is these kind of daft prices that make using much cheaper electrical products, backed up by a decent electrical storage much more viable.

£600 for a pair of refillable gas bottles? I paid £500 for 635Ah of AGM batteries.
Use them to run a £20 Induction Hob (rather than a £200 gas hob) and a £170 Electric Fridge (rather than a £1000 3-way gas fridge).
And when it is not doing the above, I have power for Electric Hot Water, TV, Laptop power, etc, etc.

But then my van is not modern, unlike those which are running about with gas bottles in them.
That's great but after I had fitted my three heki lights, midi quad and maxi plus my Camos sat dome and maxi view tv/fm radio aerial the only space I had left was for a 120watt solar panel, which by the way over the last 4 years has negated the use of my Honda 10i so not all solar power is useless. But until there is a massive increase in electrical wizardry I'm afraid I will stick to conventional appliances. I'm sure it will happen Dave and maybe before I die, when the time comes that its a proven and undeniably cheaper technology I will continue to stagnate in comfort ( Unless I
decide to convert a 40ton Artic) 😆 Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)